Happy New Year 2005!

4 respuestas
    Juan Such

Happy New Year 2005!

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Well, we are now in 2005. Finally the last night was a Champagne night. Two bottles of André Clouet Grande Resérve (which, by the way, was my favourite (a very suggestive aroma, seductive mouth, freshness and drinkability), one bottle of Pommery Cuvee Louise 1989 (more serious) and one bottle of Moet Chandon Brut Imperial for the 12 grapes*. In between there was a bottle of Mas d’en Compte blanc 2000 (Priorat) which was too potent for the light meal and the refinement of Champagnes we were drinking.

How were your wines?

*For a long time, Spanish people have had a traditional custom to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Everybody has to have 12 grapes ready to eat when the clock starts to chime. It is traditional to listen to the clock from Puerta del Sol in Madrid. Each time the clock chimes, you put a grape in your mouth. By the time the clock has finished chiming, everybody has to have finished their grapes and the New Year starts. Of course, it’s almost impossible to finish eating the grapes by the time the clock finishes chiming...

Nacho_G.F.
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Happy New Year 2005!

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

We drunk an excellent champagne: Laurent Perrier, bought in Paris for my sisters, and not very expensive.
    I was reading a papaer from Fauchon, a very famous shop of food and drinks, I was surprised for prices of wine and champagne, really not expensive indeed. In Spain now is much more expensive than a few years ago...

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Happy New Year 2005!

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Cattier White label, pretty solid effort under 30€ (even in the colonies!). Nothing remarkable, really, but the best qpr around. The golden label bottlng is a tad too rich (read sweetish, like the Clos du Moulin) for food.
    To balance the whole thing we had Torelló Reserva 2001 yesterday with vegetarian food at David-G & Carmen’s, with an excellent Numanthia 2002 (pretty approachable already) and Gran Claustro 2000 (almost elegant considering its 15% alcohol).

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar