Notable increase in Rias Baixas exportations!

5 respuestas
    suiko
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Albariño seems to be a difficult word to be....

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

No, and no!

I imagine what is happening is that Albariño is becoming better known and they are managing to sell wine in markets where they didn’t sell it before. There certainly isn’t any more of it about here in UK.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Notable increase in Rias Baixas exportations!

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

My general perception in the US is that some high-end Albariños (for example, Martín Códax) have disappeared, although there are some cheaper ones (for example, Nora) are readily available. Generally these cheaper wines are decent, but at this point a don’t know where I would turn to find a really impressive Albariño.

Even at the lower end of the market, I suspect that Rias Baixas might feel the effects of sharing the US market for Spanish whites with new competitors from Rueda.

The production in Rias Baixas historically has always been very small relative to demand. I know there has been a very big expansion in production in recent years, but I wonder whether this is a good thing.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar