Valsacro Dioro 2001

11 respuestas
    JoanF

Valsacro Dioro 2001

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hi there!

I think this wine has a great Parker score (96?). I did try it, of course it is good, but perhaps not as this score can make you think about...

Has anybody tried it in here?

Cheers.

Joan

PD: I will post the tasting note soon...

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Valsacro Dioro 2001

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Joan,
    Yes I have tried it a few times. I agree with you that it is not a bad wine, but it is somewhat overrated. I sells for $30 - 35 here. You would think with that price and that Parker score it would fly off the store shelves, but I still see it sitting around in some wine shops.

Did you think the wine lacked acidity?

When I did try it, before Parker’s ratings were published, I did not like it as much as other 01 Riojas such as Pujanza Norte or Abel Mendoza Selección Personal, but I correctly predicted that Parker would like it better.

JoanF
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Walt, I did not try many 2001 Riojas yet....
    This one is not bad at all, only ’MC 2001’ was better for me, and ’Elle de Landaluce 2001’ clearly below....

About the acidity, I’m not sure, I don’t think it lacks of acidity... the gentle pass in mouth even at 35ºC of ambient temperature (wine was tried to be kept at 16-22º) tells me that it has a perfectly balanced pass in mouth... may be this balance is making the acidity not to be easily found (just guessing)...

Of course it lacks of aromas and rearnose... but the pass is very good indeed.

About the price, here it is found at 25€...

Regards!

Joan

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a JoanF

Ver mensaje de JoanF

I recall this wine being a little fat -- in other words a bit light on acidity relative to its other componants. I have 4 bottles left and I’ll go back to it some time soon and see.

Not long ago I tried all this producer’s wines for 01 and 02 and nothing compared in quality to the 01 Dioro.

JoanF

Regarding acidity...

... I have to explain about my subjective tasting.... specially about the acidity.

I see in many white wine tasting (on the ’other’ side), many people saying: this wine lacks of acidity... that is OK for me..., and sometimes saying: balanced acidity, where acidity was so clear for me... I do think my ’acidity’ threshold might be lower than average (i.e. generally speaking I detect more acidity than other tasters) ... this gives me the point that in case of Valsacro perhaps you are right as I may detect acidity easily than others....

Wow, what a boring message....

By the way, you say:

’Not long ago I tried all this producer’s wines for 01 and 02 and nothing compared in quality to the 01 Dioro’

Do you mean Dioro was the best? Am I wrong?

Cheers!

Joan

MaJesus

This IS really interesting ...

I got so curious that I wanted to see TN’s for other Valsacro wines, but even on the other verema side, I only saw TN of Dioro. I myself have never had valsacro wines (I think ;))) so I can not add anything to this very interesting remark. You are an expert in Spanihs wines!

MaJesus

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: This IS really interesting ...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

As I recall, in addition to Dioro, this Rioja producer has two or three other wines a basic tinto, crianza, and a wine called Cosecha. The fact that I tasted the wines is not very remarkable. I had tasted the Dioro well before Parker’s rating and, when I saw the producer’s booth at Alimentaria, I stopped to see what other goodies he had to offer. He had all the wines, in most cases from more than one vintage. I tasted all the wines and he asked me what I thought. I pointed to the 01 Dioro and said I liked this one. He shrugged and said ";me too."; It really did stand out above the others in quality. Then he asked for futher aesthetic input: he had a few sample designs for new bottle labels and asked which one of those I liked best as well.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar