Valsacro Dioro 2001

11 respuestas
    davidperez
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: This IS really interesting ...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

I have tasted Valsacro Dioro 2001 many times and I have to say that for me is a great wine. However I do not feel his personality completily after 2 hours. After 2 hours the nose begins to open clearly and lots of diferent aromas comes. My advice is decanting the wine for at least two hours or if you have the chance of tasting the wine in a fair taste it much more later. I tasted a bottle for a whole week and how it was improving every day was amazing.

owensmythe
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: This IS really interesting ...2001 Valscaro Dioro 6 years on

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

21 / 12 / 2007

Drinking very well - quickly though, the wine opens up on the olfactory sense after 3-5 minutes and boy is is there ! Very nice exciting aroma’s, hard to describe but I shall give it a go. Earthy / coca cola / Beetroot / Charcuterie / Black Cherries and some haerbaceous activity. Powerful stuff to kick of with but after an hour it is gone.

The palate shows a similar trait - not a keeper but a delight to drink immediately with 2 - 4 persons. I used the riedel Cabernet / Bordeaux glass to sniff swirl and swallow with. Contradictory but sympathetically Mediterraneanly ! I had a light Veal / Beef Spaghetti Bolognese with a touch of Arabbiato sauce. No Parmesan ( ran out of the fresh stuff ).

Very complimentary - lovely fresh fruit and lively tannins from the wine. Acid was up enough to cleanse the palate but the wine old enough to have mellowed and be in balance.

I tried it in two stages - and fresher was better than allowing the wine to breathe for too long. ( I have the technology )

Recommend drink sooner than later - thoroughly enjoyable and typical of a modern Rioja.

Regs

O

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar