Dumb newbie question - finding a spanish wine

7 respuestas
    bholder

Dumb newbie question - finding a spanish wine

Ver mensaje de bholder

I’m new here, so I hope I’m not breaking protocol or anything. I’m no connoiseur or anything, but I’m trying to locate a particaly spanish wine. A friend was given a bottle of Garcia vineyards Moscatel Malaga, by someone who’d been to Spain and brought it back, which we all thought was absolutely phenomenal, not all sticky sweet like I’d usually associate with muscatel. Anyway, I’ve been searching and searching online, and haven’t found any place where I can order it. I did find one review that rated it pretty well, but that’s all. A lot of the overseas sites, I can’t even really tell what it is I’m buying, I haven’t been finding too many good descriptions or pictures.

So, can anyone here help me find this stuff? Thanks!

- Bill

MaJesus
    en respuesta a bholder

Re: Dumb newbie question - finding a spanish wine

Ver mensaje de bholder

Hi Bholder! welcome! ... sorry, but in spite of trying, I can not help you! ... I do not know much of sweet wines, but I tried to look in several places, one or another usually works, but not in this case!

The only mentioning of ";Garcia"; in ";Malaga"; that I found was in

http://elvino.paginasamarillas.es/scripts/buscador/buscador.resultados.asp?pagina_anterior=4&pagina=5&buscador=avanzada&nombre=&tipovino=-1&anio=-1&zonas=-1&actividad=26^M%E1laga&var_uva=&precio=&bodega=

but no Moscatel :-(((. The Moscatel in Malaga gave

http://elvino.paginasamarillas.es/scripts/buscador/buscador.resultados.asp?buscador=avanzada&nombre=&tipovino=-1&var_uva=moscatel&anio=-1&bodega=&zonas=-1&actividad=26%5EM%E1laga

This is usually quite a decent data base for most ";normal"; wines. Yours seems rather difficult! ... tell us when you find about it!

MaJesus

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a bholder

Ver mensaje de bholder

Hi Bholder, first of all, welcome to Verema and of course... you’re not breaking any rules.... ;))) Let me try to shed some light on your question.... García is a very common surname in Spain.... almost as common as Smith in the USA. In addition sweet moscatel wines are really common in Malaga so yours is not an easy question.

However I’ve found a producer in the area called Lopez Garcia, S.A. who produces this kind of wines. If you want I can send you an e-mail with their electronic address.... however if you give some more information probably I can find more information.

Finally, I’d like to recommend you a couple of moscatel wines from Malaga that are really nice, Jarel, and a magnificent (but a bit expensive) Molino Real.

Cheers!

bholder
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Thanks for the help! You’ve gotten my pointed in the right direction, and after further checking with my friend (who saved the bottle), I found it! The exact bottle we had was the one on the left, number 13, in the following picture:

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.gomara.com/Campingeng.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%252B%2522garcia%2Bgomara%2522%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG

Although the same wine is apparently available in several different decorative and plain bottles. (Though apparently, from what I’ve been able to gather, we got lucky with a particularly good bottle.) Anyway, I have sent an email requesting more information on distributors and/or purchasing.

Thanks again!

- Bill

bholder
    en respuesta a bholder

Ver mensaje de bholder

Oh, yes, one other thing, the full name I should have been searching for was ";Garcia Gomara";. Seems they do a lot of ";kitchy"; tourist-targeted packaging, so I don’t know that I’d recommend it to the fine palates here, but it’s what I was looking for! Thanks!

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar