About guides and Font de la Figuera.

4 respuestas
    JoanF

About guides and Font de la Figuera.

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Hi there!

Recently I tasted the Priorat Font de la Figuera 2001, and I did not enjoy it as expected (but of course drinkable). You can see my tasting notes in https://www.verema.com/en/tastingnotes/wine.asp?wine=5637

The point is that I found that the magazine ’Wine Spectator’ is scoring it with 91... However, the Spanish guide ’Guia de Vinos Gourmets’ is scoring it with 6.5/10 (i.e. 83/100) almost the same impression I had.

I do think both wine guides are quite serious and I wonder why there is such a mismatching between them.

More interesting to me would be if somebody can share his/her opinions about this wine here.

Also, it is quite surprising why I agree with the Spanish guide... does anybody from US agree with WS?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Salut!

JoanF
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Font de la Figuera (Priorat)

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Dear Juan,

In the free online access of WS it is possible to find both comments. Clos Figueres 2001 is rated 94/100, and Font de la Figuera 2001 is rated 91/100...

I’d like to know other comments about this wine.

Thank you!

Joan

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a JoanF

Re: Font de la Figuera (Priorat)

Ver mensaje de JoanF

I had the Clos and --for ";once in my life";-- must agree on a 93-94 rating. About the Font I have no idea ...but I’d be surprised if TM had finally hit a good Spanish wine not previously reviewed positively by RP...

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar