August/2014 wines...

10 respuestas
    jose

August/2014 wines...

- Muscat Sumarroca 2012. DO Penedés. (8-9 EUR)
    In the upper threshold of what I can stand with this sooo aromatic kind of grapes. Light sip and with the good acidity it makes a very good quaff for thirsty summer.

- La Bota de Fino nº 45. Equipo Navazos. DO Montilla-Moriles.
    At first the smell was shortest than taste by far. Nuts, hint of whisky, briny and looong... Nonetheless during the days (ten days in fact) it's been evolving more and more and last glass was not less than excellent. More!!

- Gravonia Cza. 1994. López de Heredia. DOC Rioja (7,73 EUR)
    Not too much 20 years, isn't it? It's really good. Tight and it'll last. Oxidative, smoked meat, sweat and dry orange skin. Quite LdH. More! (It was my last bottle)

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2011. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda (9.55 EUR)
    Two tight columns are the basement of the wine at this very moment: Verdejo-character and fruit. Notheless these columns are in the face of a long acidity that makes the sip last. More!

- David Moreno Rosado 2012. DOC Rioja (3,9 EUR)
    Mistake in my wine inventory, 'cos I thought I had none of this wine and suddenly I found it in a case. Glad of this mistake I drink what I think it's really the last one. Certainly it's one of the rosés I've enjoyed the most in the last years. More!

- Lovamor 2013. Alfredo Maestro Tejero. VdT Castilla y León (8,65 EUR)
    It smells and tastes as those grapes I use to take with my grandma when I was a child. I miss something else. Acidity for instance.

- Azpilicueta Blanco 2013. Bodega Campo Viejo. DOC Rioja (7-8 EUR)
    Booooooring.

- Bajondillo 2012. Jiménez-Landi. DO Méntrida (5-6 EUR)
    Better than expected. Fruit behind a touch of bitterness preceding a long acidity. Amazed when I read 14.5% abv on the label. It's not as heavy as it should attending to the abv.

- Borsao Joven 2013. Bodegas Borsao. DO Campo de Borja (3 EUR aprox)
    Fresh, fruit and a nudge of spicy hints. Really nice for the price.

Regards,

Jose
    Mara Funes
    en respuesta a jose

Never heard of Bajondillo before...

Ver mensaje de jose

Hello there Jose! You seem quite loney here...

I'd never heard of Bajondillo before and I thought I knew all the wines from that winery. Would you place it above or below Sotorrondero?

I quite agree with your views on Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco. I have tried some of the others but not the vintages you mention, so I'm afraid I can't comment.

jose
    en respuesta a Mara Funes

Re: Never heard of Bajondillo before...

Ver mensaje de Mara Funes

Hi Mara,
    I feel like a sort of 'Flying Dutchman' overhere :-)

I read about this wine not too often, but this summer walking in a supermarket (looking for lettuces for a bunch of hens... well... let it pass...) in Mentrida I saw it. It was a quite funny shelve. There're the usual bulk wines 3l and 5 liters from the local coop and the wines from Jiménez-Landi ordered by price 8-) This one is a right wine and below Sotorrendero by all means.

Mara Funes
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

Do you live in the area? Is it nice, worth visiting? And what about the wineries, do they welcome visitors?

Sorry, that sounded like police interrogation...

jose

Hi Mara,
    no worries, you're welcome. I do live in Madrid, but my family have a little house in Méntrida (with a bunch of crazy hens... :-) )  As far as I know there's only a couple of wineries in the own village and the coop, of course. I tried a couple of summers ago a sort of 'take a look' in one of them, but there were no person in charge that could allow me anything like this and every other time I tried the doors were closed :-?

Regards,

Jose

RayQ

Hi Mara,
    I pop in every so often to check that Jose is ok!
    Bajondillo is fairly widely available here in the UK
    One of the original winemakers has left this project now I believe?

Mara Funes
    en respuesta a RayQ

Hi there Ray!

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Nice to find some company around here :-)

So then I take it that Bajondillo is basically an export wine, isn't it? Because if it is not mentioned on their website (just checked) and it is widely available in the UK...

Daniel Landi has started a new project on his own with his own name. Apparently he has split up with his cousin and they have split up the vineyards too. He has kept for himself some of the most singular states, the ones that produce Cantos del Diablo, Las Uvas de la Ira and El Reventón. 

The first two are among my favourite garnachas...

By the way and now that I have you here, what other Spanish wines from small wineries are available in the UK?

Thanks in advance and 

Good morning!

RayQ

Re: Hi there Ray!

Hi Mara,
    I'm not sure what qualifies as small but certainly Suertes del Marques is available as well as Abel Mendoza
    and Equipo Navazos.
    Sao del Coster in Priorat is a small winery I believe, you will also find Marañones, Ponce, Maldivinas (Madrid)
    I'm sure there are others.
    If you have any top tips I'd love to hear them!!

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar