March/2014 wines...

11 respuestas
    jose

March/2014 wines...

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2009. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda (8,40 EUR)
    It’s joyful yet, despite it has lost the characteristics of this wine I do enjoy the most. In my opinion it’s in the plateau, from where it won’t evolve significantly, but it’s just my opinion.

- Milflores 2013. Bodegas Palacios. DOC Rioja (3,89 EUR)
    Maybe it’s the only wine I’ve been drinking every year since I’m drinking wine. Some vintages it’s nice and some others not. It’s just vintage matters, ‘cos we are drinking wine, not a ‘fizzy refreshing tasting like anything you want’ and made in a factory.
    Despite the abv it shows light, nice and enoughly refreshing. A touch of the usual hints in a mc, I mean strawberry chewing gum, but behind a curtain of red fruits where you can find even a spicy touch. Yep, it looks as a good vintage for this wine.

- Federico Paternina - Seleccionado por Serrería Bengolea, S.A. 1978. DOC Rioja.
    Bottled in 1981. 700 ml bottle.
    Faint and delicate. In spite of this it makes its best. Meaty, spicy, stand up; tired finally.

- Domaine Jean Macle - Côtes du Jura 2006
    It reminds me an unbriny versión of La Bota de Fino 18. And what about next day? Even better!

- Guy Bossard Cépage Cabernet Franca 2006. Vin de Pays du Jardin de la France. (6-7 EUR)
    Absolutelye wildness. Every face of it is a sharp edge. I like it!

- Acodo Rosado 2011. Bodega Basilio Izquierdo. DOC Rioja (16 EUR)
    It's everything and in the right place. I like it, but the price... ouch!

- Docetañidos - Pago de Valdeátima 2012. Bodegas Lezcano Lacalle. DO Cigales (6,35 EUR)
    Nice rosado. Good and right acidity in good balance with the fruit and wild Mediterranean herbs. I should drink it more often.

- La Bota de Vino Blanco MMX Florpower (nº 44) 2010. Equipo Navazos. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda
    It’s like drink the fino amontillado it is not. More!!!

- Comoloco 2012. Bodegas Juan Gil. DO Jumilla (4,3 EUR)
    Easy, and enough, quaff that can have its momento on those winter nights beside the fireplace.

- Château Cantegril 2004. Sauternes. Denis Dubourdieu (15,85 EUR)
    A bit boring. Just a herbaceous and gunpowder hint.

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: March/2014 wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

The Pie Franco is a favourite of yours, why is it so disappointing?, the ripe vintage?

Do you think the Paternina was a well stored bottle?

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Hi Ray,
    the BNPF was not really disappointing. It was just right. Anyway, in my opinion and excepting extraordinary vintages, the BNPF reach its maximum with 3-4 years having its evolution ceiling at 5. But it's jut my opinion ;-)

Regarding the Paternina I hope it had a proper cellar during its life. As far as I know it came from a personal cellar (with some other astounding old wines) and sold by a local shop in a sort of caveat emptor; anyway all the bottles looked very good. I guess that with more than 30 years old every bottle is a gambling matter.

Regards,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Yep, I went to Nieva about 4-5 years ago. I explained in Wine-Pages, in a thread related to Rueda wines, that brothers Herrero left Viñedos del Nieva a couple of years ago, but now they run their own one! I went to their new winery (Herrero Bodega) as of May on last year and it's really nice. Well, they're really nice people indeed and their wines as well. It's quite near of Ossian and Viñedos del Nieva (near means not more than 50 meters or so).

Regards,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Hi again Ray et al,
    Pepe Herrero has answered me almost immediately 8-) I try to translate as best as possible:
    Ungrafted vines at Segovia are about 99% pre-phylloxera. Nonetheless, and as far as the vines registry began at 1950, this is the year that appears in it. Vines used for Robert Vedel are from three plots that were planted at 1870, 1900 and 1910, but most probably they are even older.

Regards,

Jose

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar