- Goyo García Viadero. Finca Valdeolmos 2009. DO Ribera del Duero (26-27 EUR)
Well, ok, it’s fine. Not much to say but this, but it’s far more than I use to say about any wine from Ribera del Duero. I would do drink again, but it’s nothing that moves me and keep an eye on the price, that makes think more than twice when you grab your wallet.
- Savigny-Les-Beaune Domaine Camus-Bruchon 2008 (19.9 EUR)
Quite light quaff that guides the red fruits, smoke, black olives. Light as water… mouthwatering. More!
- La Amistad 2011. Viñedos Culturales - Bernabé Navarro. DO Alicante (6-7 EUR)
What’s the abv? 14.5? Really? By no means I’d have bet on this. It’s so light and so delightful quaff that you only wonder where’s the second bottle. More!
- Viña Almate 2012. Alfredo Maestro Tejero. Castilla y León (5-6 EUR)
Second wine from Ribera del Duero during the last month. It’s almost twice the number of wines from Ribera del Duero I’ve drank in the last three years, excepting that twice of zero use to be zero as well.
I found a nice wine. A very easy quaff with enough body to think that it may come from the zone it comes.
- Los Cipreses de Usaldon 2010. Viñedos Culturales-Bernabé Navarro. DO Alicante (11-12 EUR)
An extra nudge of seriousness if we keep in mind preceding bottles. A bit tougher and with an animal hint. I do really love this wine. More!
- Aldonia 2004. Bodegas Aldonia. DOC Rioja.
Discarnate. Too discarnate. Fortunately a couple of days breathing gives flesh to these bones to become a good an easy quaff.
- Domaine Bernard Baudry 2009 (12 EUR)
Strawberries with cow, as espected. A Baudry without that animal touch is less Baudry. Just let it breathe and it becomes part of the whole; rough, stone. More!
It's been a quiet month for me but some highlights were
Conde de Valdemar GR 1994- not top tier but delivered good quality trad Rioja at a good price
Vina Albina GR 1987 - Very much like the Valdemar. Fading but hanging in there.
Palacios Remondo La Montesa 2009- I love this every time I try it, nice modern style, fruit forward, a lick of oak bit not overdone.
Algueira 2011 - One of Raul Perez 90 wines! Really up your street I'd say José. Nice crunchy refreshing red fruits.