- Emilio Valerio "Laderas de Montejurra" 2010. DO Navarra (6,15 EUR)
Again a very good example of garnacha that always should have room in our table and glass. More!
- Les Pierres Sèches - Le Jeau 2010. La Guimardière. AOC Anjou.
Very good. It reminds me some bottles drank years ago of that wine written something like VDPDJF. Quite vivid wine, full of herbaceous and green notes.
This bottle has been sent by the distributor, but I'd do buy and drink again. No doubt: More!
- Muga Blanco FB 2011. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja (7,85 EUR)
Good balance. It looks as if the ageing in oak would have headed to a good balance for this wine. One of those that you'd have always in your cellar ready to be placed on your table.
- La Bota de Pedro Ximénez de Montilla 36. Equipo Navazos. DO Montilla - Moriles
Fantastic. The PX I've most enjoyed 'til now. Long, deep... give me a winter, a fireplace, wind among the trees, reach me a glass and I'll wait silently for the dawn.
- François Chidaine Brut. AOC Montlouis-sur-Loire (15-16 EUR)
Sparkling wines like this remind us that beyond Champagne there're very nice bubbles with human prices. More!
- Amontillado Rey Fernando de Castilla. Bodegas Rey Fernando de Castilla. DO Jerez y Manzanilla Sanlúcar de Barrameda (13,85 EUR)
Again a wine with astonishing QPR. A even more astonishing is how it evolves as days goes by. More!!!
- Colet Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut Traditionelle. Bodega Josep Colet y Orga. DO Penedes
I'd try to say in a reverse method. Keeping in mind how good is this sparkling wine and its price, how is it possible the huge amount of sparkling mediocrity out of price? Of this wine: More!!
- As Furnias 2010. Vino de Mesa (10-12 EUR)
Great wine! I do finally find the promised red wine from Galicia!!! This one is a great wine. Savory, vividness, acidity, herbaceous hints, smoky, spicy, meaty, rough and fine. It doesn't stop a moment, up, down, here, there, changing... More!!!!
- A Priori. Colet Cavas. DO Penedès.
It looks slightly oxidative, less joyful that some other bottles, but once it breathes it's again that joyful sparkling that is always great in the table. More!!
- Bénédicte & Stéphane Tissot "Les Bruyeres" 2009. AOC Arbois (17,9 EUR)
Autumn wind. It's all the fall hints you can have in mind. Cozy, fallen leaves, forest, fungi... but light like the wind.
- Pinon Silex Noir 2009. AOC Vouvray (11,37 EUR)
Precise and beautiful. salty, fresh and clean as the air after a storm. More!!!
- Domaine A. et P. de Villaine "La Fortune" 2010. Côte Chalonnaise. AOC Bourgogne (18,3 EUR)
Basic, in a primitive state. Or it's just the way I want to think about it. Yep, it's nice, but a bit short.
- Pierre Peters Cuvée de Réserve Sans Dosage. AOC Champagne (30 EUR aprox)
The expected acidity, but nothing else. No dimension at all. Sigh.
- Bernard Baudry "Les Granges" 2009. AOC Chinon (10.01 EUR)
I was in the mood for this kind of Cabernet Franc. Rough, animal, straight. More!