December/11 wines...

4 respuestas
    jose

December/11 wines...

- La Bota de Palo Cortado, 21. Equipo Navazos. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda
    Flooding. It fills every corner you can imagine, but no trace of overwhelming. It gives you everything you can expect and more. Enormous

- Pétalos del Bierzo 2009. Descendientes de J. Palacios (Villafranca del Bierzo). DO Bierzo (12.3 EUR)
    Mencia. I know it can be seen as something obvious, but some vintages ago I found this wine with a mencia with too much make-up. Not this one. It tastes as mencia; herbaceous hints, darkness, round-shaped tannins. It's nice wine but a bit overpriced.

- Lecea 2009. Bodegas Lecea (San Asensio). DOC Rioja (3 EUR aprox)
    Great! It's a young red wine about two years old and it looks as recently made. Fruity, savory and well-balanced. Again a really nice wine for about 3 EUR. More!

- Viña Albina Reserva 2001. Bodegas Riojanas. DOC Rioja (6,98 EUR)
    Psha. I'm becoming to feel that it won't show ever fully integrated.

- Domaine Daniel Dugois Savagnin 2006. AOC Arbois (20.95 EUR)
    So, what can I say? From the first sip to the last one I don't have been able to say whether this wine is as it shows or it's tainted by TCA.

- Jean-Paul Brun Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2008. AOC Bourgogne. (14.07 EUR)
    I don't know what's in this wines that me feel so good, so cozy, so everythingisrightandfine. I wouldn't add anything. I wouldn't take anything off. More! and nothing else.

- La Bota de PX Bota "No" 25. Equipo Navazos. DO Montilla-Moriles.
    Mandatory. It should be mandatory for all those who love wine. Even more mandatory who don't like wine, just to fall in love with it.

- Lecea Reserva 2005. Bodegas Lecea. DOC Rioja (8 EUR)
    Nice. Savory, round-shaped without trace of boring. In the mood for more of this stuff.

- Fino Inocente. Valdespino. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda (8.38 EUR)
    Intense. Bottled force. Salty, pungent, tobacco... hard. How nice!

- Peñamonte 2010. Torreduero. DO Toro.
    It's fine. Easy quaff, a hint of rusticity wrapping black olives

- Monte Real 1970. Bodegas Riojanas. DOC Rioja
    I don't feel comfortable with the corkscrew in my hand (not really) ready to open this bottle. This bottle is older than I am. Flop!, cork out and... the wine was still there. Leather, cigar wood box, smoke. Time. And now the bottle has finally gone.

- Neige Première 2008. La Face Cachée de la Pomme. Quebec
    Aaaaaaaples....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7JxYXmpspA
    Every shape, colour and flavour. Roasted, raw, pudding, pies, cream... Aaaaaaaples. Very good.

- Francois Pinon Brut. AOC Vouvray. (10.62 EUR)
    Fresh and vivid. Apples and meadows. Very good balance among bubbles, acidity and body. Drink bottle after bottle.

- Peñamonte Verdejo 2010. Bodega Torreduero. DO Toro
    Correctness. Enough and moderate on anis-seed, tropicality and toilet soap

- Peñamonte Rosado 2010. Bodega Torreduero. DO Toro.
    Comfortable quaff. No edges at all. Soft, light sip, fruit with a touch of bitterness and acidity. Enough.

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: December/11 wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

Jose,
    I agree with you on the pricing of Bierzo wines.

The Albina, is the style still 'traditional'? like the wines from the 70's?

On reading your note on the Monte Real it's obvious it was a special bottle for you but did it perform well?

Happy new year.
    Ray

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: December/11 wines...

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Hi Ray,
    I don't speak about Bierzo wines as a whole, but about this Petalos. There're good QPR wines (under 10 EUR), usually those who aren't overoaked or with big names behind. I think that Bierzo is the last one buzz-zone... new wines, new wineries, big names... but hey, they are doing the same that some other zones with the same patterns and, IMNSHO, same mistakes.

This Albina is, at this moment, in the wrong side of the tradionalism. It's like a modern one, but without syrup character };^)

The Monte Real was quite good, not a superb one, but really good.

Happy New Year for you and your beloved ones as well.

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar