August/11 wines...

12 respuestas
    jose

August/11 wines...

... so here we go...

- Contino Blanco 2009. Viñedos del Contino. DOC Rioja (20.24 EUR)
    To be aged or not? It's said in backlabel it'll improved when aged, but no clue for me at this very moment. In addition to this I can't avoid the comparison with some other white wines from that zone. Superb acidity, but I don't find any other elements, so I don't know whether it's so young or not right now. Despite it's a nice quaff it's not the top of the complexity or elegance. Don't know...

- Blanco Nieva Sauvignon Blanc. Viñedos del Nieva. DO Rueda (5.32 EUR)
    Dolce fare niente (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Ex44pWziw)
    Minutes after the dinner you don't remember neither any dish nor what you drank? Wine to remember? It's not its scope! but good quaff for summer nights.

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo. Viñedos del Nieva. DO Rueda (4.79 EUR)
    Time and again. You can drink bottles and bottles. It's always a nice quaff, it's always verdejo, smell verdejo,
    taste verdejo. You never pay attention to this wine, but it's always there for you.

- Lecea Blanco 2010. Bodegas Lecea. DOC Rioja (4.8 EUR)
    Well... I do prefer the preceding vintage. I feel the current with less vividness, more flabiness. Anyway it's a good quaff, but well... I do prefer the preceding vintage.

- Canforrales Rosado 2010. Bodegas Campos Reales. DO La Mancha (3 EUR)
    Surprise to myself, when I'm in the mood for a rosé and my first option is this one. As light as needed, but with the body required. More!

- Cabré & Sabaté Brut. Bodega Jaume Serra. DO Cava (1.69 EUR)
    Shutting up brothers-in-law... Where hecks are the factory of brothers-in-law? Well... while they begin with their usual bla-blah about frenchchampagne (gasp!), cavas and other bubbles you can drink half a case without paying a little attention to them. More!

- Muga Rosado 2010. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja (5.61 EUR)
    This is the wine that comes to my mind while reading first chapters of "Adventures on the wine route".
    In comparison with preceding bottle it looks more assembled, finely balanced. More!

- Muga Blanco Fermentado en Barrica 2009. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja (7,85 EUR)
    Psha. It's better the second day. Just a touch of astringency... just a couple of touches of acidity. A bit boring, isn't it?

- Colet Navazos Extra Brut 2007. Equipo Navazos. DO Penedès
    It looks like those DNA models we were taught in the school. The oxidative, seriousness and wine character wraps the acidity backbone. It’s not an obvious wine and its pairing with food needs to be a double-ceiling thought.

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: August/11 wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

You certainly drink your fair share of Blanco Nieva!!
    It's great value though.

I agree with you on Muga.
    Have you ever tried Ochoa's Lagrimas?
    It's a lovely rose too imo.

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Viñedos del Nieva make wines with very good QPR, IMNSHO ;^) SB and the plain verdejo are a good quaff and obviously the BNPF is a veeeeery gooooood verdejo and still about 10 EUR or so.

I've tasted the Lagrimas a couple of times. Good quaff, but nothing exciting, at least for me. In fact I don't use to buy it... I do prefer Enate CS (when it's not a mountain of capsicum), Pago del Vicario PV, Gran Feudo Sobre Lías and for this summer Canforrales Rosado and Lecea Clarete...

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Thanks for the link. I missed it first time around.
    I have a bottle of 08 but I want to leave it longer before consuming.
    I don't know what it is like in Spain but not sure there's a great market abroad for white Rioja.
    I could be wrong but I don't see people bringing it to tastings etc..

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar