September/10 wines and waiting for the autumn...

0 respuestas
    jose

September/10 wines and waiting for the autumn...

- Patio Blanco. Samuel Cano Enológica, S.L. DO La Mancha
    Raw almonds and alfajores (a sort of Christmas traditional sweet-thing, but not the ones from Argentina), it shut up and then explode dried herbs like thyme, rosemary and that mix from Provence. Goes to balsamic hits and suddenly everything disappear. It's absolutely mute.... and talk again with spicy hints, touch of ginger root but without the lemon-like smell. Whisky and white ground pepper. Obviously, and by default, amontillado hue and quite oxidative hints.

P.S. This vintage adds some verdejo to the dominant airen

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2005. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda (5.95 EUR)
    Better than the preceding bottle (drank 4 months ago or so) Without the vividness that use to show when young, but I wouldn't say it's 5 years old. Grass at midday, applepie and a slight bitterness. More.

- Jean-Paul Brun Terres Dorées Chardonnay Classic 2008 . Jean-Paul Brun. AOC Beaujolais Blanc (12-14 EUR)
    Bottle goes empty. I don't pay attention to its smell or taste. It moves among the dishes, with every sip, with every bite. Apples? White flowers? Acidity? Bitterness? I don't know, but the bottle goes empty.

- La Bota 19 Cream. Equipo Navazos - Bodega Valdespino. D.O. Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda
    Awesome and amazing are the first two adjectives that arise. Exceptional complexity, multilayered, wrapping each one to each other, up and down, showing and hiding. Despite its complexity it's by no means overwhelming. It's really great. The most absolutely balance. Spicy, curry? ras-el-hanout? raisins, dates without that cloying sweetness, coffee, dried orange skin, sweet fruit over the Roscón de Reyes, dried peaches and apricots with a touch of angostura. Infinity. Maybe it's one the wines most impressives I've ever tasted.

- Elisabet Raventós 2004. Raventós i Blanc. DO Cava
    Ner. bottle: 28856
    Degorgement: 30/10/2009
    Really nice cava. Fresh and light with a creamy character paired with its vividness and acidity. Nice wine to be paired with food.

- Chateau La Verriere 1997. A & J.P. Bessette. AOC Sainte-Foy - Bordeaux (15-16 EUR)
    Honey, matchstick, gas or white truffle if I set divinity.miself=on , orangetree flowers, parmesan. I miss a nudge of acidity, but the touch of bitterness wrapps what could be too much sweetness. Medizin and a (surprise!) Johnny Walker hints are its farewell.

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2009. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda (8,40 EUR)
    Having in mind last vintages just released maybe this one is the one I've enjoyed the most. Added to the usual verdejo character (the real one!) I find hints of... chalk? talc? gypsum? I don't know. I said hmmmm smiling at first sniff and sip.

- Finca L'Argatà 2007. Joan D'Anguera. DO Montsant
    A bit more of everything I'd appreciate. Astringency, alcohol, hints of cinnamon, chocolate with rosemary and rippen blackberries. Maybe it's too early to uncork this wine or just this kind of wines are not my kind of.

- La Fortune 2007. A. et P. de Villaine. Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise. (14-16 EUR)
    By no means talkative when uncorked. I began to think that this would be a failed choice of pinot noir (again!). I didn't have to wait so much and it began to yawn. Then comes with (quite) acid strawberries. That kind of acidity that goes to the end of your tongue for minutes. Herbaceous-grapestalk-like hints. Camomille and animal touch. Nice, light, savory, restrained.

- Domaine de Combiaty 2006. Dominique Piron. AOC Brouilly (15-17 EUR)
    A kiss in your glass. So soft and silky that brings to your mind the sweetest of the kisses. That forgotten first kiss, stolen and strawberry flavoured.

Regards,

Jose

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar