Dec/09 wines...

4 respuestas
    jose

Dec/09 wines...

- Borsao Crianza 2007. Bodegas Borsao. DO Campo de Borja (2.09 EUR).
    No change at all in the last few years. Absolutely correct. It's there without being there, no disturbing. You cannot request anything else for this price.

- Milflores 2008. Bodegas Palacio. DOC Rioja (4 EUR)
    Leaving its face of MC and getting its character as young wine. Clean and refreshing. Finishing
    the bottle without trace of guiltiness.

- PX Añejo Wisdom & Warter. Bodega Wisdom & Warter. DO Jerez y Manzanilla Sanlúcar de Barrameda (5.06 EUR)
    A month opened and the last sip is better than the first by far. Better balance, more intensity, more PX. Chocolate, dates, orange under a thin touch of bitter chocolate. Nice sip for Sunday night, before facing the coming week.

- Artzai Txakolina 2007. Ulibarri Artzaiak. DO Bizkaiko Txakolina.
    Slightly different. Apple, grass, citrics, touch of bitternes and a hint of gin. It moves in two different and parallel paths when sipped. The first one is the straight and expected way
    in every chacolí and the second one is a sort of rounded shaped one. They don't walk together, but maybe disjointed. I would drink a second bottle.

- Navazos Niepoort 2008. Equipo Navazos, S.L. DO Sanlúcar de Barrameda. (aprox 14 EUR)
    No prejudices, they're soooo disturbing...
    Salty, wild camomile, maybe daisies and peanut peels... Nothing else. Not inviting actually. I would pass over if found in any shelve. Let's see how do I feel with the second bottle.

- Fuentespina Granate 2008. Bodegas Fuentespina, S.L. DO Ribera del Duero.
    The usual Christmas gift... Unexepectedly it's fruit with no trace of marmalade, spicy and a touch of acidity. It moves nicely as a young wine.

- Bacelo dos Condes 2008. Santa María de Nogueira, S.L. DO Ribeira Sacra (3,89 EUR)
    Enough. I miss a nudge of acidity but the strawberry and herbaceous hints with a good feeling when sipped makes it a very good quaff for the price.

- Charles D'Embrun. SA Champagne Cuperly. AOC Champagne (10 EUR)
    Nice sparkling for this price. No complexity... well... it's a very easy quaff, but nice if you're in the mood for an easy fizz. Citrics overall, but it improves after some time uncorked and appear a sort of creamy feeling. It brings to my mind the Brut Barroco of Freixenet and it's not so far of the well known Moet&Chandon.

- Torre de Gazate Syrah 2007. Vinícola de Tomelloso. DO La Mancha (4.86 EUR)
    With this price and you can find fruit, balsamic and a spicy touch in the background. Tipicity? What the hell! What a nice wine for this price!

Regards,

Jose

Paco Higón

Re: Dec/09 wines...

Dear Jose many thanks for your monthly report. I want to wish you a very happy new year full of interesting wines.... I also have some difficulties in understanding the Navazos Niepoort wine, I have tried 3 bottles and the feelings were quite different in each bottle... however I have several more... so I will try in a few months... I also have a questions... where have you find a bottle of Champagne for ONLY 10€????

jose
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Dec/09 wines...

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Happy new year for you and your beloved ones as well.

Regarding the Navazos Niepoort I tried to free up my mind and avoiding comparisons with anything related neither with manzanilla, nor fino, but trying to drink it as any other white wine. Nonetheless... quite short in my opinion :-/ we'll see next bottles.

I found the Champagne at Alcampo (Auchan is another name for the same supermarket overhere), it's imported by them as I read in the backlabel. It was not too risky as far as I read about it at http://www.mileurismogourmet.com

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar