October/09 wines...

5 respuestas
    jose

October/09 wines...

Here we have the monthly report...

- Terres Dorées 2008 Morgon Jean-Paul Brun. Appellation Morgon Contrôlée. (14 EUR)
    Brun, nothing else. Excellent, direct, fresh and nicely balanced rusticity. Collecting empty bottles and sunsets.

- Artazuri 2008. Bodegas Artazu. DO Navarra (3.96 EUR)
    It's not your fault but mine... or maybe not. I don't know. I find it dark, dense, fat... less vividness and freshness than expected. It's fine, but I don't know... Another wine that flows between our fingers?

- Llarena 2008. Pedro M. Llarena. Bizkaiko Txakolina.
    Restrained. Apple, wild camomile tea and nuts. Vivid acidity. Easy quaff. Ok with cod over ratatouille (pisto manchego... the spanish version, you know) and topped with apple mayonnaise grilled.

- Antiguako Ama 2008. La Antigua S.L. Bizkaiko Txakolina.
    Balanced. Line of apples and grass around the backbone of acidity. Comes to my mind the verdejo of Marqués de Riscal.

- El Castro de Valtuille Mencía Jóven 2007. Bodegas y Viñedos Castro Ventosa. DO Bierzo (5.92 EUR)
    I find it a nice mencia example. Black olives, blackberries, herbaceous hints and slightly astringent. In the mood for more bottles.

- Gran Feudo Rosado Sobre Lías 2008. Bodega Julián Chivite. DO Navarra (5,83 EUR)
    A step further the common rosé of this winery. More stuff in this wine but no scream or excess. Red fruit, acidity, soft sip. Nice rosé indeed.

- Domaine de Chassornay, Bedeau 2006. AOC Bourgogne (23,9 EUR)
    Dusty ruby, animal hints, fresh red fruit, iced strawberry pie that I find in some gamays. Herbaceous touch? Drying. In the mood for a second bottle.

- Borsao Garnacha Mítica 2008. DO Campo de Borja (1.6 EUR)
    Disjointed. I-don't-know-the-colour-fruit, metallic or maybe can and a touch of green notes.
    Drinkable and forgettable. I'm not in the mood for a second bottle of this vintage.

Cheers,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Re: October/09 wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

Lovely notes again, José. I still can't believe how you can find interesting wines at this price in Spain - I don't ever bother looking under about €12 over here.

Why don't you post them on Wine Pages, btw - lots of people would be interested!

jose
    en respuesta a suiko

Ver mensaje de suiko

I think that maybe is easier to find some bargains in countries where wine is made. I try to find wines to be drank any day of the week, without clean our wallet or keep in mind that the wine is only for special dinners. In fact 12 EUR looks to me as more than a daily budget for buying wine.

I'll try to find some minutes to post them in WP as well... in the last few months I didn't find time neither to have a fast read on WP :-(

Regards,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

I would have seen €12 as a budget for a weekend wine a couple of years back too. But I've got into drinking more older wine, and also find it increasingly meaningless to make a distinction between a midweek and a weekend wine, seeing as I don't really do "special dinners" (too lazy) and also find that I often get more pleasure out of a wine more sipping it alone on a Tuesday and Wednesday night than I do in a social situation where there are other distractions. And then, and as you know, our little pound is quite valueless now, so it seems like one has to spend this much in the perfidious Albion to find enough interest for a vinophile.

jose
    en respuesta a suiko

Ver mensaje de suiko

Yep, I do agree. My only difference is that sometimes I can even find time for cooking during the weekend. Therefore I try to uncork a wine looking for a nice pairing.
    Anyway I always find that a shared wine is also better than drinking it alone... despite we lose many of the tasting character we use, but when drank a wine gets, IMO, the purpose it was intended to be.

Regards,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

Yes, that's true as well. The thing is, my girlfriend doesn't drink, so I'm drinking the wine on my own anyway 95% of the time.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar