May/09 wines and in a few days moving...

0 respuestas
    jose

May/09 wines and in a few days moving...

To a new house... You can imagine the amount of boxes around me during these days...

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2007. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda (8,50 EUR)
    Good balance at this moment for the wine. Every part of the wine is where it must be and running smoothly. Grass, citric, pineapple. Good acidity and nice sip.
    Good pairing with a traditional Eastern stew with cod.

- Patio 2007. Samuel Cano Enológica, S.L. DO La Mancha (5-7 EUR?)
    It's always a suprise how nicely evolves this wine with air. At first I thought it was slightly
    oxidized and flabby. Next day and with growing temperature it comes with licquorized red fruit,
    blackberries and a hint of leather behind a toasted touch.
    It's been nicely paired with lentils with a dollop of tomate and white sausage sautée.

- François Pinon Rosé Petillant Touraine NV. AOC Touraine (5.7 EUR)
    The french cousin of the Muga Rosado. At first sips I realized that this wine would improve on the usual Spiegelau so I discarded the usual stem for bubbly wines.
    Strawberris, watermelon, creamy sip with a spicy touch. Vivid and joyful. I would by it by cases. Drink and drink and drink....

- Gran Feudo Rosado 2007 Criado Sobre Lias. Bodegas Julian Chivite. DO Navarra (6 EUR aprox)
    I bought this bottle due to the dullness of their normal rosé in the last vintages. Time ago it was a blockbuster and now nothing to be told.
    Different kind of rosé this one. Watermelon, honeymelon skin, fennel bulb. Silky and creamy, not so light as the usual rosés. A touch of bread and strawberry candy with an odd and awesome backnose of Maltesers. Nicely paired with chard leafs sautée with tomatoe and pinenuts.

- Patio Selección 2007. Samuel Cano Enológica, S.L. DO La Mancha (8-10 EUR?)
    I've found this wine a bit clumsy when compared with its brother Patio, but anyhow it's enoughly fresh when sipped. Blackberries, prunes and bacon. Nice wine, but maybe a bit slow of movements.

- Docetañidos Rosé 2008. Bodegas Lezcano. DO Cigales (5-6 EUR)
    So usual that maybe it's ignored on the shelves. We use to look for any new wine that appears, therefore many times we forget those usual nice wines that are always a good and persitent value every year. A layer of rippen raspberries over hints of watermelon, passion fruit and fennel bulb. At last a soft spicy touch. Enoughly light and enoughly bodied. A wine with rythm.
    It's been nicely paired with chard leafs stuffed with blood sausage, apple, raisins and pinenuts.

Cheers,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar