Collecting the last two months TNs...

2 respuestas
    jose

Collecting the last two months TNs...

- Piron Morgon "Cote du Py" 2005. Morgon Appellation Contrôlée (9 EUR at the winery)
    After the flu beat me down for some weeks I was in the mood for a wine. Wine. Just wine. Unpretentious wine for my unpretentious-I. I thought this bottle was ideal for this unfaithful moment.
    Rustic wine in all of its faces. Smashed red fruits with a river stone in a warm midday. Herbs from Provence. Herbaceous, animal. Farm wine, not garagiste-wine. Wine to get the faith in wine again. Nicely paired with a 'carbonnade flamande'.

- Domaine de Chassornay. Bigotes. AOC Bourgogne. (24 EUR)
    Grass and verdejo-like bitterness, grapefruit and canned fruit juice with a hint of chalk. And the whole embedded in an oily structure, maybe bubbly.
    Nevertheless it's a nice quaff, but I wouldn't a say a really good one. In my opinion it's short and far of what I expected bearing in mind the price as well.

- Viña Carrasses Crianza 2004. Bodegas Vegamar S.L. DO Valencia.
    Touch of barnyard that dissappear after some seconds. Right and easy quaff. Nothing special to grab in this wine. It looks a nice choice if you're with a complicated wine list in a restaurant.

- Mâcon Bussières Très Vieilles Vignes 2005. Eric Texier. AOC Mâconnais. 10-15 EUR?
    I tasted this wine last summer and I didn't enjoyed so much. At this time, the first day it's only wood and acidity, but it improves the second day. Then it's touches of apple skin and toasted peanuts peeling. Oily sip. Anyway it's really short, but I didn't notice it when it was paired with food. It was nice in the backstage with green asparagus sautée with manchego cheese and fish rolls stuffed with green asparagus and langoustines.

- Luberri MC 2008. Bodega Monje Amestoy. DOC Rioja (5.02 EUR)
    First MC of the season. We can find the usual hints of strawberry chewing-gum and red fruits. Confirmed when sipped as well and then comes also flowers touch (violets?) and bitterness. Maybe I miss an extra touch of carbonic as of this month. Anyway I think it's a very good sample of MC.

- Domain Chancelle, Les Grillemonts 2007. Lydie et Thierry Chancelle. Appelation Saumur Champigny (10 EUR)
    Oui, oui, this wine goes to the best-suggestions-to-myself-list!
    Better than the preceding bottle. Fermented juice of grape, clean and pristine. Slight beast and meat hints, behind a great curtain of strawberries, strawberries and strawberries. It's a hint of roughness on the sip. It reminds me wines like the Morgon of Marcel Lapierre or Piron.
    Nicely paired with a goulash.

- Eric Texier Chusclan 2004. AOC Côtes du Rhône Villages (10-15 EUR?)
    How disappointing! It has been raw wood during two days. At third day it was something that I would drink, but nothing more than a touch of red fruit. Uncorked too early/late or it's just this way now?

- Milflores 2008. Bodegas Palacio. DOC Rioja (4 EUR)
    I know, if I buy this wine is just for a romantic reason. It's one of the first wines I began to drink years ago... as of 2001. Nevertheless the last years it's been disappointing. Increasing abv, ripeness and dullness. It went away from the MC line. But hey! the MC wine is back!!! Vivid, red fruit and chewing-gum as expected but under the line of herbaceous notes and fizz as it must in the beginning of its life. Great! it's back!!!!

- Patio Airén 2007. Samuel Cano Enológica, S.L. DO La Mancha (4-6 EUR)
    Hard (and happy) to believe that we are speaking about a wine full of quality made with airén.
    Clean gold excepting the last glass. It's normal in a non-filtered wine. The first day I find it too roundshaped. The second day it shows more faces. Sautée apple, bitter almonds and an I-don't-know-what of camphor. In backnose there's that whisky touch I find in some white bio/natural wines. It's a hint of lazy carbonic; the kind of bubbles that are there but not in the mood to disturb. Oily but not fat sip. I think it's shows better with temperature (not chilled I mean) Nicely paired with serrano ham with young onions and green favas sautée and some traditional croquettes.

Cheers,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Collecting the last two months TNs...

Ver mensaje de jose

Well done Jose for posting all those notes.

The PATIO is from the guy I met last summer ?
    I really liked his wines.

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Collecting the last two months TNs...

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Yep, Patio is made by Samuel Cano, the nice guy you met last summer :) You tasted Patio Airen (still without definitive name when you tasted it) and Patio. Now he has another one named Patio Selección (no worries, the price is still affordable), but despite I have some bottles in the cellar I don't have neither uncorked nor tasted.

Cheers,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar