New Sisseck wine- PSI

7 respuestas
    RayQ

New Sisseck wine- PSI

Ok my Spanish isn't superb but I see that
    Peter Sisseck is involved in a new project in Ribera del Duero
    it's called PSI and (wait Jose !!) apparently it's aged in old oak barrels
    and is aiming for freshness as opposed to extraction !

http://www.vilaviniteca.es/

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Has anybody called my name?

Ver mensaje de RayQ

I feel like Beetle Juice ;)
    Your spanish is fine, you know it and... have you read what they say in the briefing about RdDuero... don't you find any contradiction? }:-)
    Anyway, to have a proper opinion the better we can do is taste it... nonetheless and paying attention to the price at this moment.... We will see about 25-30 on wineshops. Too much for me just to check it.

Cheers,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Has anybody called my name?

Ver mensaje de jose

You'll need to work on your make-up to qualify for Beetlejuice !!

Yes it has the extra 20% Sisseck mark -up BUT I think it is an interesting move which might be copied.
    I feel Spain is torn on the issue of oak. Some (like me) feel that the traditional wines are sometimes oaked/aged to death in the old style and devoid of fruit. And others(like you) who dislike the modern wines don't like the new oak which comes with more fruit expression. I'd certainly like some more freshness/less alcohol and less oak.
    This is a BIG generalisation but anything that breaks this divide is good imo.
    However I'm sure you will find that a good value Borsao wine gives you what psi allegedly is going to offer. ?
    It seems a bit pricey all right.

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Yes, no, maybe... I don't know...

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Can you repeat the question?
    Well, from my point of view (the point of view you know 'cos we talked about it) it's not just traditional vs. modern styles. It's a heavy simplification. I agree with you that many traditional wines are just a soup of dead wood. In addition to this I see that many wines are just a soup of raw oak. I disagree both of them.
    For instance, do you remember that mencia the night we meet each other? (hmmm... it sounds quite romantic, isn't it? ;)))) I've drank the original Ultreia and I find it a very good sample of what un-oaked mencia should be. I would really love to find an aged mencia, with the idea of 'crianza' in mind... but if it means that it has to be overoaked... please no! I don't mind whether it means modern-style or any kind of bastardization of the idea of wine...

Cheers

Jose

Olaf
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: I remember it well....

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Ray, didn't you hear about Jose enjoying a bottle of Hacienda Monasterio? jejeje, well it was a reserva especial, and a 1994, and it was lovely. So Peter knew how to make wines, reasonably priced. Let's see what comes from that PSI project (Pounds per Square Inch???).

RayQ
    en respuesta a Olaf

Monasterio

Ver mensaje de Olaf

The winemaker at HM is a guy called Carlos. I'm sure he is assisted by PS but some of the credit must go to him as well. I have tried the Reserva Especial 2005 (not yet released) and it is superb to my 'modern' taste !

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar