July wines and the sun looks like a hammer!

0 respuestas
    jose

July wines and the sun looks like a hammer!

When everybody seems to be on their holidays...

- Txakolí Itsas Mendi. Bodegas Itsas Mendi. DO Bizkaiko Txakolina (8 EUR)
    Compared with the preceding bottle it's a normal evolution. Warm golden apple, park after a soft rain and a citrical acidity that reminds me persimmon or medlar. Good QPR.

- Blanco Nieva Verdejo Pie Franco 2007. Viñedos de Nieva. DO Rueda. (8,05 EUR)
    The wine is where I expected for this season, I mean slightly fizzy. The bubbles disappear the second day, giving us a better approach to what this wine is. It's in the same line than preceding vintages, but I would remark the great acidity backbone. It's firm and hard at this moment. It's been nicely paired with a couple of differente salads and some tapas. Despite the
    increase of price in the last vintages it's still a good QPR.

- Pago del Vicario Petit Verdot Rosado. Bodega Pago del Vicario, S.L. VdT de Castilla (5,77 EUR)
    Second bottle of this vintage that confirms my first impression of this wine. It's a rosé to
    drink and drink and drink... Nevertheless and due to the summer temperatures I notice the 14º of alcohol, despite it keeps the character explained in my preceding TN I find a touch of lolly-pop.

- A Priori. Bodega Josep Colet. DO Penedes (aprox 6 EUR)
    Charm. Touches of apple dancing with the acidity and a deeply soft cremosity. Hints of a red fruit petals (I don't know how to explain that it brings to my mind a sort of rose petals and
    red fruit). I'm always in the mood for this wine!

- Dönhhoff Riesling Trocken 2002. Nahe - Germany - (15 EUR aprox)
    Defying its consumption window.
    Quit off any touch of youth, it's become a serious gentleman. No trace of insulting youthful, neither flowers, nor white fruits.... nop. Its credentials are here with hints of kerosen, layer of slight sweetness (RS?) and when you begin to say 'yummm' thinking about how good is the wine it stands on its feet with a hard, sharp and dry end. At the end of what I thought was its consumption window it's in great moment of maturity. Very good QPR.

Regards,

Jose

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar