December wines...

1 respuesta
    jose

December wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

Doing my best despite the flu, the stomach issues and Christmas...

- Clos Dominic Blanc 2003. Celler Francisco Castillo. DOQ Priorat.
    Having an absolute lack of confidence in this vintage and with the perspective of other white Priorat I decide to uncork this bottle.
    Surprise. It’s absolutely vivid and youthful. Dried apricots, honey, peanut peelings. In mouth it comes with a slight bitterness and a very good acidity.
    If somebody have any bottle and have some doubts about it, no case. IMHO you can store for some time.
    It was nicely paired with serrano ham and thistles sautées with cream and egg poché. I’ve enjoyed this wine, nonetheless the QPR is not as good as I would like. From my point of view about 20 EUR is expensive.

- Muscadet Sèvre-et-Maine Sur Lie 2006. Embotellado por Yves Maillard. AOC Muscadet Sèvre-et-Maine (4.5 EUR aprox)
    The preceding vintage I found it an easy quaff, vivid and savory. Nevertheless this vintage I find no more than a flabby and no interest wine. The price is still about 4.5, but no good QPR IMO.

- Blanco Nieva Sauvignon Blanc 2006. Bodega Viñedos del Nieva. DO Rueda (5 EUR aprox)
    Great maracuya aroma, that overlaps a medicin hint (Britapen, something from my childhood). Herbaceous touches with a soft bitterness and a great acidity. It’s been nicely paired with a couple of fish filets with dutch sauce in the oven. I’m very far of being objective (and no intention of being ;) but IMO this wine has a great QPR.

- Muga Rosado 2006. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja. (aprox 4 EUR)
    Softer smells than preceding bottle, nevertheless it’s as nice in mouth as I remember it. Fruit and citrics hints. Good acidity and vividness that makes this wine to a be a good partner for food. This time has been paired by something like ’orange food’. Gnocchi with pumpkin and gorgonzola and cod-orange croquettes. Good QPR for about 4 EUR.

- Torla Crianza 2003. Embotellado por Bodegas Vista Alegre. DOC Rioja.
    Bottle included into the traditional Christmas Gift pack.
    Dark hue. In nose appears raw wood, like walking by Ikea, and vanilla, tons of vanilla. The sip is ditto than nose. I decided to cork it again with the hope of a good evolution for the next day.
    Well, the next day there’s only vanilla. Obviously I didn’t enjoyed it.

- Aldonia 2004. Bodegas Aldonia. DOC Rioja (10.9 EUR)
    I got it finally! And I’ll be less objective than I use to be.
    Dark hue. Fresh fruit and a hint of balsamic smell. Good and balanced quaff. Joyful sip. No trace of oak: Great!
    It’s been a good pairing of roasted lamb. I don’t know how it’ll age, but I’ve really enjoyed and it’s a good QPR.

- Anna de Codorniu Brut Rosé. DO Cava. (< 9 EUR)
    The common Anna de Codorniu looks as a good QPR wine to me. This one is the new one of the winery so I try to taste it and with the best of the moods.
    Strawbery syrup hue and the bubbles looks like Seltz. In nose and mouth I find a hint of red fruit and a touch of apple. Short. Nothing else. Absolutely disappointing and IMHO it’s a bad QPR.

- Borsao Crianza 2005. Bodegas Borsao. DO Campo de Borja. (1.95 EUR)
    New vintage has arrived and as nice as usual. Black fruit (pruns & blackberries), fresch, rounded and vivid. Always a good partner of the food and wallet ;) Great QPR (for about 1.95 EUR)

- William Fevre Chablis 2005. Domaine William Fevre. AOC Chablis. (14.8 EUR)
    Looks very clean. Smell of White flowers, acacia, fruit, citrics. Herbaceous hints. You find these in your sip, with a savory touch and a vivid acidity really stimulating.
    Next day it’s changed from the citrical freshness to a slight smoked scent and to a more weighted sip.
    It’s a good pairing for a marmitako and with a nibblet of marinated salmon with easy tartara sauce. I’ve enjoyed, so good QPR.

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar