What about globalization...

4 respuestas
    Paco Higón
    en respuesta a jose

Too late?

Ver mensaje de jose

Well nothing new, indeed. Quite a long time talking about the excessive prominence of some oenological practices such as use (an abuse) of new oak and also about the central role of wine in critics in the style of wines that are made nowadays.

In this year’s ‘100 Vinos Clave’ guide we also wrote about this question….

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Too late?

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Hoping to pick up my copy of the guide this weekend.

The problem started I think in the early nineties when a couple of lighter vintages in Bordeaux started a trend whereby quality claret could be drunk after a year or so in bottle and no longer needed to be cellared for 10-12 years.There was almost an indecent haste to get a product to the market with a well known label. Supermarkets I believe played a part in this.

My friends in the wine trade in London stopped buying Bordeaux ’en primeur’ and concentrated on the Rhone and Languedoc.

As a result I haven’t bought any Bordeaux since 1991/2. I have however tasted a few since then and also agree there is an anonymity.

I also agree that other wine areas in France still have a clear identity between villages in an AC linked to differing terroirs.

suiko
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

Re: Too late?

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

Surely this issue is considerably more important in Spain than in France, where most producers in many areas seem to have stubbornly to their own ideas in that inimitably French way?

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar