Rippen tomatoe skin & tobacco.

6 respuestas
    jose

Rippen tomatoe skin & tobacco.

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    during some time I’m thinking about this. The skin of the rippen tomatoe reminds me the smell of tobacco. At first time I thought it was the tomatoe itself, but once it unskinned I discovered that it was the skin. I’ve tested with a bunch of different tomatoes and I find the same. Am I the only one who finds this common smells?

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Tomato Tobacco

Ver mensaje de jose

Hmmm
    I’ve not noticed this but will pay more attention next time I eat a tomato.
    Of course the delicious tomatoes you have in Spain are not readily available here where they must be a perfect colour shape and size and completely devoid of taste !!

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Well... the good season for tomatoes...

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Has gone. Anyway in the last years it’s harder to find good tomatoes. The wal-mart-fever sell them with a nice looking but really dull bite. Nonetheless that tomatoes full of flavour are easier to find in the traditional markets.
    Regarding the tobacco smell it’s quite clear to me when they’re really rippen and only the skin...

Regards,

Jose

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Rippen tomatoe skin & tobacco.

Ver mensaje de jose

Jose, This has been a tricky one to respond to. Right now even here in Valencia finding a good ripe tomato to peel and try is impossible..sadly. From experience I think Ray is also right, only in a very good summer would you get proper tomatos in England and those are usually home grown, not the tunnel bred, forced, and flavourless sort from the supermarket.

However, thinking about it we should not be surprised by your experience Jose. The tomato and tobacco plants are in fact from the same family ( nightshades or ’belladonna’ )and smokers who try to give up the habit sometimes also have to give up tomatos until the nicotine is gone from the blood system.

On that note I’m off to open a bottle of Californian Zinfandel, the nose on which often reminds me of old cigar boxes.....strange or what?

Riki

jose
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

Really??? :-))))

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

Very awesome to me what you say about tomatoe and tobacco relationship, but glad to know it... I feel less mad! ;)
    Regarding the cigar box smell, sometimes I find this kind of smell as a tertiary notes in some red wines, as leather as well. The first one that comes to my mind: Imperial, the wine by CVNE.

Regards,

Jose

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Really??? :-))))

Ver mensaje de jose

As everyone has said, it’s getting harder and harder to find a good tomato. The exception to this seems to be Italy, where there are still lots of wonderful tomatoes of all kinds.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar