Off-topic: Tandoori.

6 respuestas
    jose

Off-topic: Tandoori.

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    I’m marinating some chicken bites in Tandoori sauce in the fridge (you know, the usual Sharwoods can ;). I’ve only used half of the can, so now I don’t what to do with the Tandoori leftover. Any idea?
    On the other hand I’ve found no advise on can about how many time can I’ve it in the fridge once it’s been opened. Does anybody know how many time can I’ve it in the fridge?
    To avoid the complete off-topic, I’ll open a gewürztraminer to pair with the Tandoori chicken.

Thanks and regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Off-topic: Tandoori.

Ver mensaje de jose

I’ve had a look at a jar of curry sauce in my fridge and there is only a use-by date
    no mention of when it should be consumed by after opening.
    Considering how many preservatives there are in this stuff (not least the curry itself !) I imagine a couple of weeks would be fine.

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: Off-topic: Tandoori.

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Hi there. never mind the contents, I would freeze the remainder rather than leaving it in the fridge. Better still marinade either more chicken or lamb with the rest. This can be frozen more safely.

In the meantime gewurztraminer is an interesting choice. Brave even.

I have experimented widely with curry dishes in general and cannot help feeling lager is still better than wine.....but it is personal taste!

Enjoy the meal

Riki

jose
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

But freezing...

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

With the marinated meat is a cheat ;) I was asking about the opened (Sharwood’s) can :)
    Regarding the pairing... well... a sort of disaster. Despite the label says it’s a mild tandoori it’s hot, a step behind of the spanish dishes hot mojo-picón or pincho-moruno, but still hot, so by no means can be well paired with wine. In addition to this the gewürztraminer has a more sweet touch than expected... Disastrous. Anyway while a was eating I had in mind that the best pairing it’s a couple of chilled beers. Maybe lager as you say, or just a common Mahou ;) Recently I’ve tasted a beer that I think that could be really nice with this dish: A.K. Damm IMHO, nice beer. Quite refreshing but more body than the usual spanish beers.

Thanks and regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Este sitio web usa cookies para analizar la navegación del usuario. Política de cookies.
Cerrar