Alicante sweet white wines…

10 respuestas
    Paco Higón

Alicante sweet white wines…

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

In Alicante we can found some interesting sweet white wines… mainly elaborated using ";moscatel de Alejandría";, a grape from the family of muscats. These nice sweet wines, with a quite interesting backbone of acidity and the opulent nose of Spanish Muscat are a very interesting option to try….

Two examples:
    https://www.verema.com/en/tastingnotes/wine.asp?wine=18117
    https://www.verema.com/en/tastingnotes/wine.asp?wine=18029

Cheers!

jose
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

I don’t use to drink many sweet wines.

Of course I do like them, but it is not the sweet flavour of anything something that thrills me. I don’t use to drink more than a glass of any sweet wine (I drink more in common still wines ;).
    Anyway the Moscatel of E. Mendoza is one I do really like. Really fresh, vivid, flowery and no trace of cloying (Disclaimer: More than 3 years since the last time I drank it).

Regards,

Jose

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a jose

Re: I don’t use to drink many sweet wines.

Ver mensaje de jose

I too have tasted this wine, in November and liked it very nuch.

However I have been exploring some of our local Moscatels and very much like the wine from Bodega Comeche in Villar del Arzobispo...actually I like a few of their wines and have a small barrel of the Rancio reserva in my bodega!

I find their Moscatel Licor at 14% to be similarly fresh and fruity, honeyed but not cloying and excellent with summer fruit.

We also find more than a glass is too much which is why we still have several bottles of moscatel from different parts hanging around..unopened. I like the option of buying by the ’bag in box’ for this wine as it stays fresh in the fridge for quite a while.

Saludos

Riki

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a rikiwigley

Ver mensaje de rikiwigley

In fact, the average level of moscatel (Godelleta, Cheste,…..an so on) is quite good… Cirstal•li and Moscatel de la Marina are –IMMO- slightly better. At home, a ¾ bottle of sweet and fortified lasts about one week and a half.… so I have a good level of consumption of this kind wines…

Cheers!

suiko
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Surely a good judge of how good these are is whether you want a second glass? I find that if the wine is good, I do. And if you don’t, best not to bother with it. A bottle of Jarel never lasts long in my fridge.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar