Starting to Import wine into the US

13 respuestas
    nimbush

Starting to Import wine into the US

Ver mensaje de nimbush

Hello everyone,
    I am a spaniard living in florida and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows the exact process to start importing wine from spain. I dont event know what licenses I need or forms to fill out. I went to some web sites and it was overwhelming.

Can someone recommend what the best steps are?...forms, average costs to get all the paper work done..basically everything to be set to start shipping wine. I want to start small, possibly 1 or 2...
    I hope some one can help!
    Best Regards,
    Tony

jose
    en respuesta a nimbush

Welcome...

Ver mensaje de nimbush

Hi & welcome to this side of Verema. Unfortunately I can’t help you, I just drink wine, I do neither import nor export ;)
    Anyway, in the spanish side there’re some people who manage their own wineries and they do export wines to USA, so maybe they can help you.

Regards,

Jose

calisto
    en respuesta a nimbush

Re: Starting to Import wine into the US

Ver mensaje de nimbush

Welcome Nimbush, I don´t think that ICEX could be so useful, but anyway try . The most important thing to do is in the other side, in the States, in how to get the importer licences ,taxes to pay ,laws ...
    If you need information about cost of a container from Spain to Miami I’ll give you.

Midi
    en respuesta a calisto

Ver mensaje de calisto

I have forgotten what the website in the states is the one to which you need to refer, but I will try and send it tomorrow. Like someone else said, it isn’t really about the paperwork on the Spanish side, it is really about the USA side--importers license, taxes, etc but once that is all done and you are about to import, you will need to get label approval for each wine that you bring in. Please note that this can sometimes take awhile and working with the winery if something needs to be changed on the label.

nimbush
    en respuesta a calisto

Ver mensaje de calisto

Thanks for the reply calisto.
    I actually was looking around some more and it says that in order to get an importer’s basic license you need a letter on intent from a wine producer/supplier in Spain. I would like to to know the cost for a container from Spain to Miami, also, how much does it hold? Thanks you so much, you can also write to me privately at [email protected]
    Talk to you soon.

calisto
    en respuesta a nimbush

Ver mensaje de nimbush

O.K nimbush, but I prefer to answer by verema . Well , first of all there are two types of container : 20 feet and 40 feet (and 40 feet high cube, basically is the same price). 20"; costs around 1.500 USD,and 40"; around 2.400 USD. These prices are including the following items: Handling in origin , terminal handling charges , customs entry services and tax of ";security nation";(somethig like that). After that, you should add the tax of the merchandise(wine)and the transport to your wharehouse.

Another question was about the time of delivery , this is estimative because depends of the shipping company , but about 12 or 15 days. Anyway if you don´t want problems you could ask the wine CIF.

I`d like to have been useful.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar