Anything about Vermentino?

5 respuestas
    jose

Anything about Vermentino?

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    I’ve recently discovered the exitence of Vermentino grape. Has anybody of you tasted anything made with this grape? What do you think about it? In your opinion, what are the main characteristics of wines made with it?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Anything about Vermentino?

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose. Well this is a nice little obscure grape which seems to crop up in lots of places. My notes tell me it may have been used on Madeira, is grown in the Languedoc and north as far as Muscadet as well as Corsica and Sicily. It also crops up in Italy and the Douro and Rhone valleys!

On Corsica it has a DOC Vermentino de Gallura but I definately haven’t tried it!

Jancis Robinson MW suggests it may be a Malvasia and goes on to suggest ’those who have tasted the varietal Vermentino know that the wines are big and ripe-fruit flavoured with genuine interest - rather like the most serious white wines of the rhone’.

It may well therefore be a small constituent of a number of wines in all the above areas without being specifically identified.

I hope this is helpful

Riki

rikiwigley
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Thanks for the info...

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose

I had a further look through the books last night, I like a challenge, and I was reminded that in the Languedoc vermentino is known as bourbolenc. It is a major constituent ( at least 50% )of Minervois AOC dry white for example. I have tried these wines when travelling there and remember a complex spicy full wine. Well worth the effort of a deviation if travelling that way.

Riki

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar