Christmas drinking

7 respuestas
    RayQ

Christmas drinking

Ver mensaje de RayQ

So the season of merry making is upon us
    What are the plans for Christmas drinking ?

Here in the UK the principal meal is on Christmas Day
    my plan (subject to change) is

Champagne in the morning Billecart Salmon NV

With Lunch
    Thelema Sauvignon Blanc- with the seafood
    St Hallett Old Block Shiraz 1994- with the Turkey
    Molino Real 2003- with or before/after desert
    and some Noe PX open all the time.

merry Christmas everyone.
    cheers

Ray

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Champagne in the morning???

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Well... I do agree with you... specially if you got a great night! @-D paired at breakfast with some eggs Benedictine ;)
    Well. Xmas... I don’t like Xmas #-/ In addition to this, as part of the tradition I’ll be on lunch and dinner with my family and none of them likes wine, so... well...

Cheers,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Champagne in the morning???

Ver mensaje de jose

Well not first thing !
    It’s usually an early start with the kids checking out that the guy with the beard has come.
    So coffee to start !
    Then mid morning some smoked salmon and the champers.

MaJesus
    en respuesta a jose

Re: geeeezzzz ... BIG breakfast!!

Ver mensaje de jose

... it almost is asking for the champagne ... about the wines for these holidays ... I’m so busy this year that I haven’t had a chance to think about it much; this year I just asked some bunch of wines from verema.com and haven’t had a chance to go over them again. I do not bring the nicest wines of the year to these big family gatherings, since we all drink quite a bit, and we do not pay much attention to wine (which is fair: we are paying attention to each other, chating, laughing, and having fun). Still I got very decent wines, and some very good, like Maduresa, Estrecho (Enrique Mendoza) and Beryna seleccion. Some cava, champagne, desert wines, and one of the best finos in this world (or so it seems to me) complete the rough list. We do meet for both, Xmast eve, and Xmast lunch (with just some few hours of sleep in between). I hate almost everything about Xmasts, except the family gatherings ;) ... even though I am the wine supplier!!! (and also the brandy and scotch suplier :-(( ... )

MaJesus

RayQ
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

So what’s the fino then ??
    share the joy !

I agree about xmas but thankfully we have young(ish) kids and they help to keep it special.
    There is a bit too much stress to be really joyous though.

anyway have a good one.
    Ray

MaJesus
    en respuesta a RayQ

Ver mensaje de RayQ

It’s a great great grat Fino called Macharnudo Alto: it grows the tradicional way, from a very old ";bota"; (that only has wine for one ";pago";: the Macharnudo alto), and bottled in ";rama";; the old ";bota"; has been selected among several of them by an extremely knowledgeable team; there are only 800 bottles and is not commercialized (so it is not available at stores). It is marvellous: deep golden color, wonderdullu expresive nose, and compexity and body in the mouth ... it’s great ...

Kids certainly make Xmasts special: it’s really sweet to watch them so fascinated and happy ... so ... enjoy it!

MaJesus

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar