A restaurant in Washington?

9 respuestas
    MaJesus

A restaurant in Washington?

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

Some friends are visiting Washington DC and they naively have asked me (!!!) for a reccomendation (preferably in the ";general"; Foggy bottom area). I tried to investigate the ";taberna del alabardero";, but they would not display any menu whatsoever. The wine list is pretty good, but also impresively expensive ... at least to me, used to the price of these wines in Spain ... anyone has a nice reccomendation?

MaJesus

DarioPolo
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: A restaurant in Washington?

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

MaJesus,

La Chaumiere is a restaurant I liked when I lived in Washington. It has been two years since I moved out so I am not sure whether it remains as I remember it. It is cozy and charming, food is pretty good and they have a very good wine list. It is not expensive at all. Value is very good. It is located in the Georgetown area, very close to the Four Seasons Hotel, five blocks from the Foggy Bottom Area.

If you like desserts, try their souffle. But remember to ask for it when you place your order because it takes time to elaborate. Dessert time will be too late to ask for it.

You can read some reviews at
    http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=3528

I lunched and dinned a few times at La Taberna del Alabardero. Good food, good wine list but very expensive and very formal.

I hope this is of any help.

Regards,

MaJesus
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: Thanks both!

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

I’ll pass the Georgetown suggestion to my friends; it looks pretty good! I knew about the Taberna del Alabardero because of Walt, I told them about it, of course, but they do not seem very interested in Spanish restaurantes outside Spain (they do visit Spain sort of often). Thanks again!

MaJesus

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar