September & October wines.

1 respuesta
    jose

September & October wines.

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all and here we go...
    - Txakolí Itsas Mendi DO Bizkaiako Txakolina (6.5 EUR)
    It looks, smell and taste clear and brilliant. Apples, white fruits, grass, wheighty sip and a really nice acidity. I think it’s a great wine to buy by boxes! Obviously I think this wine is a one of the best values by this price.

- Castelmaure, La Chapelle, 2004 AOC Corbières (4.5 EUR)
    Rustic as the bread in a village. Warm, easy, sincere and rough as a countryman shaking-hands. Friendly autumn beginning. By the way, with the first sip I thought it’s a nice wine for a late BBQ.

- Marqués de Alella Clásico 2005 DO Alella (5.95 EUR)
    Nice value every vintage. Golden apple, citrus and very far honey scent. Soft and easy to drink, you don’t realize how fast you finish the bottle. Obviously it’s a good QPR.

- Carmelo Rodero 2005 DO Ribera del Duero (5.95 EUR)
    Really dark hue, looks fat. It smells as medicins when you get in a chemistry, in fact it smells like a medicin I sip when I was a child named ’Britapen’. Well, after breathing (the wine, not me) appears rippen fruit. It’s a fat quaff indeed. Enough for the price.

- Vacoupins, Chablis 1er Cru 2003 Domain Oudin (15.95 EUR)
    Another disappointment on this vintage. Touch of acidity, white fruit... and nothing else. Empty and really disappointing. I’ll give another chance, but in a different vintage for sure.

- Muscadet Sèvre-et-Maine Sur Lie 2005 Bottled by Yves Maillard (4.5 EUR)
    What can you find in a bottle found in a hidden shelve in a supermarket? Answer: A nice and a honest wine! Some white flowers scent, a hint of fruit and really nice and savory sip! It reminds me ’fino’ in slight manner. Good QPR.

- Milfores 2005. DOC Rioja. Bodegas Palacio (3.95 EUR)
    Like walking through a garden at morning eating a red fruit bowl. So fresh and flower character. It’s lost the most of the carbonic, but it’s still a nice wine.

- Patio 2005. VT de Castilla-La Mancha. Samuel Cano Enológica S.L.
    Tasted in a blind tasting on-line.
    As uncork the botlle raise a fresh red fruits and black olives scent. Dark garnet hue with purple rim. I don’t follow the ";instructions"; and a taste as-is... wow... it’s soooo hard for my teeth!
    A leave it breathing (bottle without a stem) for a night and I decant it the next day for an hour and a half. Now appears red fruit, white chocolate, dust, tea, black olives dressing and something like
    peanut peels. It’s rounded tannins, now it’s a kind and nice wine. You don’t notice the alcohol excepting at the third stem, but it’s a good balance. Some wines with this alcohol percentage are absolut loosers when they’re paired with food. Not this one. It’s been paired with rabbit beer stew and some artichockes sautée and it’s nice.
    I don’t know what in the hell it’s tipicity in La Mancha, so this wine can come from La Mancha, or from Jumilla, or from any other place. Anyway, it’s a nice quaff. It’s not still on winestores, but it’s said that the price will be around 6 EUR, and that’s a nice QPR.

- Colet Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut Traditionnnelle DO Cava
    I would drink this cava for breakfast, lunch, dinner... brunch... mid-afternoon nibblets... I do like the cavas of this producer, but this one, as the basic one is really nice. Very typical nose and sip, I know, but I like it. Zillons of bubbles in the stem, and sip after sip you can drink the whole bottle without realize it. Paired with... anything! From the usual pairings to just today: spanish omelette (’tortilla de patatas’), and croquettes (also typical. Made with chickpea stew, known in spanish as ’cocido’, leftovers). It was
    a nice gift from a friend.

- Bourgogne Passe-Tout-Grain. Botteld by Maison Chausseron (4.5 EUR)
    Found this bottle in a supermarket I got it to taste it. Nice quaff, a touch of strawberrry chewy gum (maybe due to Gamay) and then come red fruits, a hint of nice acidity. It’s not a

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar