The “wine industry” applaud the regulation of “Wines of Spain”.

9 respuestas
    Paco Higón

The “wine industry” applaud the regulation of “Wines of Spain”.

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

The Association of Spanish Wine Cellars (AVIMES) and the Wine Spanish Federation (FEV) have positively valued the proposal of the Ministry of Agriculture of regulating the trade mark “Wines of the Land of the Vineyards of Spain”, as they have both shown in their press releases.

Cheers!

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: The “wine industry” applaud the regulation of “Wines of Spai

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Nope, except for those who don’t know the Spanish wine regions.... The idea is to ";sell"; the name os Spain as a ";good"; wine producer.... as it happens with Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Chile.... and so on... It’s what we call an ";umbrella trademark"; (does it make any sense in English?)

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

This seems a bit silly. What information does this text convey other than ";Product of Spain,"; which is already on the wine labels. Certainly Spain needs to do a much better job in marketing its wine. This action by itself seems a particulary facile approach, and I hope it is not a substitute for doing the real work that is necessary.

lito
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

I agree with you. What does this mean in terms of quality to the consumer? For that I can understand the only thing that this label shows is that the wine is produced in Spain ( I assume that the regulations have to be very flexible in terms of grape varieties, aging, etc. in order to have a lot of wine with this label)
    Is not this label going in the opposite way to the vinos de pago one?

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a lito

Ver mensaje de lito

Good points. This idea might be a little inconsistent with D.O designations too. I thought such designations were intended to be a key sign of quality.

Another problem I have is that this approach may lead consumers to think that all Spanish wines are similar, blurring the huge diversity of wines produced in the widely disparate geographies of the country that has more vineyards than any other in the world.

I do not pretend to fully understand this new idea. Let us hope that it makes more sense than it appears to.

MaJesus
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: Aparently ...

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

... Europeans regulations prevent from displaying year and grape varieties unless there is some ";D.O."; or something for the wine. If this new ";thing"; allows plane producers to be able to add more info to their labels, it could be a nice thing. Otherwise, I, as you guys, see no much purpose on it, since I do not thing that the best wines will be under the denomination ";Wine of Spain";. Unfortunately, I do not know the regulation more.

Off I go!!! but this time only for the weekend

Majesus

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar