Pinot Noir In Spain

6 respuestas
    J-Lo

Pinot Noir In Spain

Ver mensaje de J-Lo

Good Evening,

I have read on the net that pinot Noir is about to make is coming out. Also, at Alimentaria while i was tasting a pinot noir from Valladolid the owner of the estate (i forgot the name!!!) mention that pinot noir’s sales are about to boom in Spain, as the movie ";side Way"; will be soon showing in spanish’s cinemas.

As far as i am aware of, there are not many Pinot noir in Spain. I have recently tasted one produced by Gramona, not trully what i expect from a Pinot Noir. Although well made but lacking personality, maybe...

Being a tricky grape to handle (world-wide), I wonder if it could find its place in Spain?

Have you tasted any good Pinot from Spain?

Thanks

J-LO

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a J-Lo

Welcome to Verema…

Ver mensaje de J-Lo

In fact Sideways was at the theatres a lot of time ago…. So, this does not seem to be a pretty good prediction…. In fact I think that Spanish terroir is not appropriate to produce good pinot noir wines.

I suppose that the wine you have tasted is Alta Pavina, probably one of the best pinot noir wines produced in Spain. My favourites include this Alta Pavina, the Ad Fines of Can Rafols dels Caus and the excellent Finca Sanguijuela of Friedrich Schatz (Malaga).

Cheers

suiko
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: Welcome to Verema…

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

I must say I don’t have great hopes for PN in Spain, or much interest in trying any. THere are so few PNs from outside Burgundy that I like. I’d pour 90% of Pinot from anywhere else in the world straight down the sink, in fact.

salud (but only with Burgundy)

:-)

JoanF
    en respuesta a J-Lo

Re: Pinot Noir In Spain

Ver mensaje de J-Lo

Hi! Welcome!

It looks quite difficult to find the place for Pinot Noir in Spain,... as far as I remember the ’Abadia de Poblet’ from DO Conca de Barberà is quite similar to what one would expect to find into a PN, even quite different. Also, long ago I tried the ’Bru de Gramona’ from Penedès, -very good, perhaps not classical PN taste- but I do not know if they are still producing it with Pinot Noir....

For sparkling wines, I definetely like the Cava, Bertha Pinot Noir.... my favourite, even I think it is not like Champagne Rosé on the classical sense, I really do think they are finding a new an interesting way.... personal, intense, ... and different....

Regards!

Joan

(Joan is a Catalan name, and it would be John in English).

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar