US recommendations

23 respuestas
    Olaf

US recommendations

Ver mensaje de Olaf

As I am here in the States, I would like to try some american wines, what would you recommend me for a price arround 15$? Thank you.

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a Olaf

Re: US recommendations

Ver mensaje de Olaf

Well, I’m a little bit far from the core of the States however I’ll recommend you some nice chardonnay & cabernets from California and meay some Pinot Noir from Oregon... sorry but I don’t remember any trade marks... hope that our North American friends add some more useful information....

Cheers!!!

Olaf
    en respuesta a suiko

Ver mensaje de suiko

Suiko, do you find in UK Beryna?

It’s true, it seems that it’s difficult to find good american wines under 15 US$. But luckily I did a friend from California, and he has recommended me some interesting wines, but all closer to 20 than 15 bucks.

suiko
    en respuesta a Olaf

Ver mensaje de Olaf

No, no Beryna here. I think our ";big brothers"; bought it all! I find that the US offers unquestionably the worst QPR of any wine producing country. The cheaper stuff is just awful, and the good stuff waaaaay too expensive.

Olaf
    en respuesta a suiko

Ver mensaje de suiko

Then I have good news for you. I will take a Beryna bottle to Oxford, with greetings from Bosco, who gave it to me and I told him that I would share it with you in Oxford.

I also didn’t found it here en the States, not in the shops I visited. And here I think the price is arround 16 $ and in Spain is just 6 €.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Olaf

Ver mensaje de Olaf

You should not expect a great bottle of wine for $15 or less, of course, but you can find many perfectly serviceable wines. The best thing to do is find a store that you can trust that selects its wines with care. For red wine in this price range the following labels are worth trying: J Lohr, Cline, Benziger, Burgess, Rabbit Ridge, Cooper Mountain, Ravenswood, Sobon

Olaf
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Yes, I increased the price, now I’m trying around $20. Last week I tasted a Zinfandel, Sausal family, 2001, not bad for $17.
    It was a recommendation of a friend from California, he gave me a list:
    -Chateau Potelle Sauv. Blanc
    -Hess select Cab-Sauv.
    -Ravenswood Zin
    -Charles Krug
    -Ridge Zinfandel
    -Rochioli
    -Groth Sauvignon Blanc
    -Grgich fume blanc

¿Do you know anything about this wines? Thanks

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar