Caus Lubis 1995

2 respuestas
    WaltZalenski

Caus Lubis 1995

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

I have written favorably about the 1995 Can Ràfols Dels Caus ";Caus Lubis"; before, but my impressions about the wine a couple of nights ago were a bit different and even more favorable. Rather than issue another technical tasting note, I simply would like to express my wonderment about how this wine, made from the nonindigenous Merlot variety, can so prismatically reflect a part of Spain that I have touched from time to time. Rather than being another Merlot-based, born-to-be-bland Esperanto bottle, this redolent wine simply transports you to a countryside path strewn with fallen carob beans; a farmhouse shed filled with earth encrusted wooden tools, old leather, and burlap bags; a bowl of meaty olives; one’s first decent into a winecellar, damp and a bit dusty but with a slightly invigorating cool ozone blast. Nothing about this wine’s personality seems aimless, let alone spurious. To state that Caus Lubis is a terrior-driven wine misses the point; this wine reveals far more than the La Calma del Ros vineyard from which it comes.

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: Caus Lubis 1995

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Well, that’s not a Tasting Note... is ....POETRY!!!! I’m sure that Carles Esteva and the rest of his team at Can Rafols will be very happy to know such an enthusiastic opinion. I’ve also enjoyed this 95 (https://www.verema.com/comunidad/vinoscatados/vino.asp?vino=1581) but less than the extraordinary 94. I’ve also enjoyed Ad Fines despite of my negative opinion about the potential of pinot noir in Spain...

Cheers!

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar