Anyone tried "Prima 2003" the "Baby San Roman" f

11 respuestas
    colinwinston

Anyone tried "Prima 2003" the "Baby San Roman" f

Ver mensaje de colinwinston

I posted this on the Spanish side but noone had tried it -- suspicion is that its a ";special export"; cuvee? At $17.00 its not cheap, but beats San Roman by about a third!

Colin

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a colinwinston

Re: Anyone tried "Prima 2003" the "Baby San Roman

Yes. I tried it with Mariano and Alberto Garcia before it was released, some notes for which are here:
    https://www.verema.com/en/forum/message.asp?message=1571
    and
    https://www.verema.com/en/forum/message.asp?message=1584

I think it is a bargain and have had it numerous times since it was released. I bought 12 bottles, and it is also conveniently served by the glass at one of the restaurants that I frequent. In this area (Washington), at least, the price has been $15 and small change.

This is an ";export only"; wine, but Paco assured me that he would be able to beg, borrow, or steal some to try. I am assuming he has not yet been successful.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a colinwinston

P.s.

For a moment there I forgot you were local, Colin. Wide World of Wines on Wisconsin Avenue had the wine priced at $15.25. The downtown Whole Foods on P Street also had it for $15 and change. Or you can sample this wine, and the much discussed Beryna 2003, by the glass at the tapas bar of Taberna del Alabardero.

MaJesus
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Re: hmmmmm ... Washington ...

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Wonderful jewels you have there! ... I’ll try to look for the Prima too, but Durham is not DC (still I’ll try in Whole Foods: I go often there anyway when I’m in the States)

MaJesus

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a MaJesus

Re: hmmmmm ... Washington ...

Ver mensaje de MaJesus

As I said, it is the place for you folks from Spain to visit to taste Spanish wine ;-)

You will almost certainly not find Prima in North Corolina. One store in NYC tried a sample of Prima and immediately attempted to purchase the entire US allocation. Ultimately they did get most of it (hundreds of cases), but some stayed in the DC area where the importer, Aurelio Cabestrero, is located.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a rayol

Re: Prima & San Roman

Ver mensaje de rayol

If future means future vintages, I suppose anything is possible. From what I understand, the 2003 will be released in Spain. And frankly, based on what I heard from Mariano and Alberto, I would not be surprised if Prima were never available in Spain.

There is also no guarantee that the wine will even be made in every vintage - it is still a bit of an experiment.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar