Need advice for a trip to Barcelona

7 respuestas
    wadesutton2001

Need advice for a trip to Barcelona

Ver mensaje de wadesutton2001

I’m planning on being in Barcelona for a couple of weeks in late August and would like to take a day or two to visit some vinyards in the area. If any of you have suggestions of some of the ";must see"; bodegas or any particularly good tours, I’d be happy to hear them. My girlfriend and I are big fans of Cava but are open to try just about anything. Thanks!

suiko
    en respuesta a wadesutton2001

Re: Need advice for a trip to Barcelona

I would imagine Torres must be an essential stop. Not sure about arranging a visit - I’m sure some people on here could tell you tho. Maybe you could also visit some bodegas in Priorat or Montsant, tho it’s a bit further from BCN.

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a suiko

Ver mensaje de suiko

Wellcome Wade, it depens on how far would you go.... If you’d like to visit Torres (maybe Milmanda Castle) you can arrange the visit right know:

http://www.torres.es/eng/asp/vav.asp

In Penedes you can also arrange some nice visits to ’cava’ producers but also to the mythical Jean Leon

http://www.jeanleon.com/eng/contacto.html

There are also a big number of interesting cellars to visit in Montsant and Priorat....

If you need more specific information just say it!!! (I mean about cellars, restaurants or wine shops in Barcelona or surroundings).

wadesutton2001
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Thank you both

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Thanks a lot for the help, and anyone else with ideas please chime in. We plan on renting a car and driving out into the country for two or three days, so getting to Priorat won’t be a problem. Again thanks, and any more suggestions are welcome.

doctortjk

But just a little problem, you will be in love of this city!. I was last September on Gracia Holidays, and I had very nice time.

Apart of Wine, I’m fanatic of Gaudi. You must to visit some buildings. The weather on that part of the year is warm, enjoy!

MaJesus

Re: Just a note of caution ...

Spain is bassically ";closed"; in August. Once I visited ";Ribera del Duero"; in August and it was not trivial to find cellars that were open for visits (and in fact they were in low gear). Maybe Catalunya and the small cava cellars are different.

MaJesus

StevenT

You should also check out Cavas Codorniu: www.codorniu.es

They are one the largest Cava producers and are located in San Sadurni (south of Barcelona), the main winery buildings were designed by Puig i Cadafalch, a contemporary of Gaudí. Their tour is very well done with multi-lingual guides.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar