Best wines from Bobal grapes

9 respuestas
    rayol
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Too many new wines at high prices

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

This is a very interesting topic.
    And very relevant to us as wine buyers. Not a problem if you have unlimited funds butI have a limited budget for my wine buying.
    I see many Spanish regions producing trophy wines. The speed at which prices rise is incredible. Sometimes it is not a gradual increase but within a year a massive leap. If a winery gets good reviews and a good buying response to a wine the trend is to produce a limited cuvee to wring every last euro out of the buying public. These high prices cannot be justified by the cost of production even with ...hand picking..selection..new French barrels...yada yada yada....
    It is marketing and greed. Fine let them get on with it. But not if the original wine has been compromised by an old parcel that was originally part of the blend being siphoned off resulting in a lesser (or less intense) wine being sold for the same price.
    I long to find a winery that makes one great wine and leaves it at that. Ok well maybe a joven for the young vines as well.
    Of course the many new wineries want to recoup their investment but they seem to want to do it incredibly quickly..are Spanish banks that tough ??
    I see Walt’s point too. If a wine is great it is great no matter where it comes from and the market will decide. And we are also to blame as we are prone to follow the latest great review of a particular release. I suppose what I’m trying to say is that both the bodegas and us the purchasers should exercise some restraint.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar