Results of the very last Verema.com tasting....

9 respuestas
    Paco Higón

Results of the very last Verema.com tasting....

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Pieros (barrel sample)2001 1 8,25
    Coma d’En Pou 2000 2 8,11
    Barón de Oña Res 1997 3 7,70
    Sió (barrel sample) 2001 4 7,50
    Vega Ibor 2001 5 7,33
    Salentein cab.sauv 2000 6 7,24
    Sió Contrast 2001 7 7,19
    Matarromera Res 1998 8 7,08
    Les Masies de Poblet2001 9 7,05
    Sembrador res 1998 10 7,04
    Pinna Fidelis 2002 11 7,03
    Finca del Portillo merlot2002 12 6,85
    Peregrino 2003 13 6,84

After the controversial issue on scales.... the results are shown in the verema’s-10-absolute-point-scale. Sorry I can’t keep my promise of writing some more about the region these wines come from.... In the Spanish version you can find the TN.

Just a few words about the first wine in the rk, Pieros, from Bodegas Estefania, a magnificent mencia to be released about November..... A very promising wine indeed!

If I’ve some spare time I’ll give you some more information about the rest of wines on the top of the ranking...

Cheers

Iñaki Blasco
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Results of the very last Verema.com tasting....

The most amazing thing of this tasting was Matarromera Reserva 1998, I think so.
    Nothing regarding what you could expect from a Ribera del Duero, and any remembrance with other wines from this cellar. ¿?

WaltZalenski

Thanks for this information.

I was tasting the Coma d’En Pou 2000 at about the some time (see tasting note).

And disappointed to know that the 2001 Bierzo horizonal that I have planned in two weeks is now not complete. I have the super-rare La Faraona, for example, but not Pieros.

Can anyone please explain to me what exactly ";verema’s-10-absolute-point-scale"; is and how it works. On this English part of the site the link that says ";Learn more about the rating system"; only explains a 100-point scale. As I’ve said before, I do not care about what scale is used and I want scores to be uniform, but uniformity requires knowledge of the rules. Scoring will inevitably remain subjective, but it would be best if everyone does not rely on their own interpretation of what a 10-point scale should be.

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Well IMHO it’s easy. Less than 5 ..... defective wine.... not drinkable. From 5 to 6, it’s a ";so-so"; wine, with no strong defects but too simple and lacking balance; from 6 to 7, it’s a fairly simple wine, not very attractive but correct. From 7-8, woow! that’s a pretty good wine, balanced, atractive but probably not ";heart-breaking";; from 8-9, a magnificent wine, with complexity and balanced . From 9-10: outstanding, a ";top"; wine...., something to remember .... for ages!!!! ;))

WaltZalenski

Great. Thanks. I would recommend that these definitions get posted on the Tasting Notes part of the site. Bear in mind that in a direct conversion to a 100-scale, 8 = 80, which is a score that Parker will not even publish because he assumes nobody is interested in any wine with less than 85 points.

Sorry to be a pest, but I have a couple of other questions: (1) are you permitted in the verema’s-10-absolute-point-scale to give a fraction of a point (8.5, 9.1, etc.), and (2) what is the significance of those numbers in your original post that come after the vintage year and before the average score?

Paco Higón
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Your questions are always welcome.... ;)))

1st) The Spanish side rating allows till 2 decimals...., vg: 7,45.
    2nd) Just redundant information.... the (obvious) position in the ranking...

Last... but not least.... the important discrepancies between Parker’s ratings and our was the reason to use the 100-scale in the English side.... however this seems to be really confusing for our Spanish readers....

Cheers!

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar