Do we value ’soft-spoken’ wines?

13 respuestas
    Iñaki Blasco
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Ummmmmmm

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Well ... I’m not sure about it, but may be you are right.

Then, these would be the 3 steps for newcomers:
    1st Fruitness wines (easy direct wines)
    2nd Concentrated wines (the critics influence)
    3rd Soft-spoken wines (self-taughtly)

What about this?

Juan Such
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Appreciation of wine and music or painting

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

These are the word from K. Lynch. He was written about the various Côte Rôtie bottlings from Guigal and how thet dominated blind-tasting events, the wine journals, newspapers and magazines in 1987-88 (15 years ago!):

";Ah the critics. Never have I seen one single discouraging word about Guigal’s Côte Rôtie, even though it is a very anonymous-tasting wine, easily mistaken for a big, oaky Gigondas or even a Bordeaux. I want my Côte Rôtie to taste like Côte Rôtie. (...) I cannot begin to communicate how profoundly the critic’s embrace of such freak wines depresses me.

";Why ask that a wine be jarring to the senses, a criterion that we do not apply to the arts like music or painting in which delicacy is valued, where shading, nuance, even silence or empty space can be considered remarkable. But keep an eye on the wine critics’s ratings. If a wine is black, packs an alcoholic, tannic wallop, and smells like a lumberyard, it receives high points."; (p. 203)

That was written in 1988, when Parker was starting to be a recognized critic... Perhaps a simplified and extreme view but quite stimulating, isn`t it?

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar