Spain, delighted with wine sales to the USA in 2004?

4 respuestas
    Juan Such

Spain, delighted with wine sales to the USA in 2004?

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

";At the end of 2004 only one European nation will be delighted with wine sales to the USA....Spain.";

This is one of the predictions Robert Parker makes in his website forum:
    http://fora.erobertparker.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=025680;p=

BTW, achtung for the next WA at the end of FEB-2002: It will include ";Germans, SPAIN, 2001 Southern Rhones (a very few 2002s, the worst vintage I have tasted in the south in 25 years), and 2002 white Burgundies."; (RP said)

And another, intended funny prediction for 2004 from Bob:

";Somebody will argue that modern style wines all
    (a) taste the same (b) won’t age worth a damn, and (c) are too expensive.";

Any comments?

jose
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Maybe is one of the "collateral damages"

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Caused by the anti-french wave that appeared in USA in the last few monts... But regarding the last items of your post... are they seriously said? Well... it sounds like:

(a) taste the same
    (b) won’t age worth a damn
    (c) are too expensive.
    (d) All of them,a-b-c, are right but... show me the money dude!!!

Cheers,

Jose

Iñaki Blasco
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Spain, delighted with wine sales to the USA in 2004?

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

Well, this is good news for Spanish wine producers, but I’m not sure if it will be the same good news for Spanish consumers. Increasing prices? More overriped modern style wines to be born in Spain?

Juan Such
    en respuesta a Iñaki Blasco

What is good for USA consumers...

Ver mensaje de Iñaki Blasco

... is bad for Spanish consumers? An interesting question...

With a very strong euro I don’t think increases in Spanish wine prices are a short-term problem. An increasing ";Californian"; style (if that exists ;-) could be more of a concern... But that style involves high prices too!

JUst remember the quote from Chris Coad I have quoted elsewhere:

";It’s hard to explore the wines of a region if the wines you keep coming across all seem to be cut from similar cloth, not to mention putting a California-sized dent in the wallet.";

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar