A difficult pairing...

13 respuestas
    jose

A difficult pairing...

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi all,
    as some of you know one of my hobbies is cooking (another of my hobbies is eat what I cook ;)
    Some days ago I found a recipe that I’ve been looking for for a long time: ";Mango ravioli";
    While I was translating the recipe I realized that I have no idea about what kind of wine would be a nice pairing for this food.
    The stuff of the ravioli is creamy and is made of brie and heavy cream (and a bit of sugar and cider). The ravioli is topped with fresh mint and served with an iced granny-smith apple juice.
    As you see there are some different textures, temperatures and flavours to be paired...

Does anybody have any suggestion?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

Gonzalo_Lainez
    en respuesta a jose

Try Sancerre

Ver mensaje de jose

Oooooooops!!!

Difficult indeed. I’m not sure but if it’s a creamy meal full of cheese and apple flavours... try drinking Sancerre or an acid Sauvignon Blanc. I think this extremely acid and dry wine could ";clean"; your mouth of the creamy cheese.

Gonzalo Lainez (Bodegas Roda)

JoanF
    en respuesta a jose

Re: A difficult pairing...

Ver mensaje de jose

Dear Jose,

Are you trying to emulate Joan Roca (’chef’ of ’El Celler de Can Roca’)?

If you can cook that you are very good indeed. Can you please send me the recipe? I’d appreciate.

About the matching... let me suggest a Gewurztraminer... perhaps Viñas del Vero or Enate will work well, also a Riesling can be good, a dry one of course. Don’t forget a dry and lively sparkling Cava... some ’Raventós i Blanc’, ’Bertha’ or ’Gramona’ (among many) may match very well.... (from my experience in the above restaurant).

Salut!

Joan

jose
    en respuesta a JoanF

Argh... I posted I reply and it’s has gone to...

Ver mensaje de JoanF

Cybertrash!!!! I hate computers! ;-)
    Well, here we go agaaaaain....

I’ve never been at ’Can Roca’ and I’ve never read any of their menus or wine lists, but I’ve read a lot of great reviews about them. It’s moved me to write a line in my TO-DO list...
    Is this dish served at ’Can Roca’? Anyway I love cooking and sometimes I see recipes made by famous cookers and I use to try them :-) I’m not completely sure, but I think that this recipe is from ’La Taberna del Alabardero’ in NYC.
    Regarding the difficulty... I’ve seen many recipes of ’Mango Ravioli’ and none seems to be so difficult, maybe we are not talking about the same dish :-? ... Anyway you’re right, I’m very good cookin’ ;-))) (just kidding).

I send you the recipe in a moment using the new feature implemented to send messages between forumites. I’ll send it in spanish... I translated it from english to spanish and I would feel very silly re-translating it to english #*)

Ah, thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Regards,

Jose

THuRStoN
    en respuesta a Gonzalo_Lainez

Please Correct ME :P

Ver mensaje de Gonzalo_Lainez

I don’t mind if any native or non-native speaker points out my spelling or/and gramatical errors :). My Wine partners (¿compañeros de cata?) do so in spanish (Haber :^), anyone?), so I won’t get upset by it at all.
    That way I’ll be getting better,
    Cheers,
    a.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar