A difficult pairing...

13 respuestas
    Juan Such
    en respuesta a jose

My mistakes are more frequent...

Ver mensaje de jose

I agree with MaJesus that we don’t need to apologize for our English. We just try to communicate. But some frequent errors for Spaniards like this cooker/cook thing are useful to comment.

The ";false friends"; category is very insidious. Apparently obvious ... but wrong words. The typical and funny example: ’Constiparse’ (to catch a cold) translated as ’constipated’ (estreñido) :-)

jose
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Yep, this is a quite funny "false friend" :-)

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

I use to comment that one of my worst (but funniest) language mistake was in German... I was in Germany and looking for cash and I asked for a bank to two old ladies... they explode to laugh ’cos I said ";Sparkäse"; and not ";Sparkase";. The first one is something like ";Saving cheese"; and the right (the second) one is a bank (the spanish ";Caja de Ahorros";)... gasp... it was just the pronunciation but that old ladies had a good time laughing :-)
    Cheers,

Jose

jose
    en respuesta a Iñaki Blasco

Complicated, isn’t it?

Ver mensaje de Iñaki Blasco

My first thought went for Gewürz, but I’ve got a complete lack of perspective specially with white wines, so your opinions are pretty wellcome.
    In the next few days I’ll post it in the ";spanish side";, ’cos there are people that maybe isn’t reading this side and I’m pretty sure that their suggestions are very valuable too.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions,

Jose

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar