September/2013 wines...

2 respuestas
    jose

September/2013 wines...

- Viña AB Amontillado. DO Jerez y Manzanilla-Sanlúcar de Barrameda. González Byass (8,95 EUR)
    Time and again one of those wines that overperform its price. Great!! More!!!

- André Clouet Grande Réserve. AOC Champagne (28 EUR)
    Refreshing, really refreshing, but I miss a lot of things.

- Vega Eslora Tempranillo 2009. Bottled by López Mercier, S.L. (2-3 EUR)
    Enough. It's nothing wrong and nothing to remember either.

- Muga Rosado 2012. Bodegas Muga. DOC Rioja (6,5 EUR)
    How nice is this rosé. Despite it doesn’t reach the elegance of electricity of the best vintages, it’s really nice.

- Pirita 2011. Almaroja, S.L. DO Arribes (8-9 EUR)
    Good balance among its ample shape and light sip, with herbaceous hints like bay-leaf, but not greens. Yep, good quaff.

- Carles Andreu Trepat 2011. DO Conca de Barbera (11,8 EUR)
    Less watery and spicy than preceding vintages, but silky and violet-like. I do always want more of this stuff.

- Volandera 2012. La Calandria - Pura Garnacha. DO Navarra (9,9 EUR)
    I do really like the bottle, that looks like old carbonic waters that were sold many years ago in Spain. Light, fresh, vivid and with green notes that can look odd to some people, but don’t worry, ‘cos they disappear on second day. It’s a good quaff.

Regards,

Jose

RayQ
    en respuesta a jose

Re: September/2013 wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose,
    I thought I'd drop in and keep you company!
    Thanks for the notes.
    I have enjoyed some lovely wines over the past few weeks.
    The highlights....

LA MONTESSA 2009 is such a lovely wine. Perhaps a touch too much for you? But the Garnacha gives theis wine a lovely polish.
    PRADO ENEA 2001 is one of my all time favourite wines. I really want to hang on to some of this but it is drinking so well now it's hard to keep my hands off. Lovely old school Rioja. Give me this over Torre Muga anyday.
    A non Spanish wine that was really very good, OGIER COTE ROTIE 2000. Super nose, really delicate and certainly ready to drink right now. Certainly no rush to drink but it would be a pity to loose that great aroma.
    Then a friend opened two very special bottles of BOSCONIA. The 1964 and 1942. Still very much alive and kicking. I doubt I'll ever taste them again so it was a real treat. Thankfully they still make them like this!

I don't drink that well very often.

jose
    en respuesta a RayQ

Re: September/2013 wines...

Ver mensaje de RayQ

Hi Ray,
    I drank La Montesa many years ago and I didn't enjoyed, so I didn't try again. Too many wines, you know ;-) Those Bosconia, gasp. I think that when we drink one of those wines it's not only about how they are right now and how old are them, but the consciousness that maybe it's the first and last time we are drinking them.

And can you believe that the only wines from Muga I drink usually are the rosé and white and I have only tasted once a red wine from them?

Regards,

Jose

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar