Price of Spanish wines.... out of Spain

11 respuestas
    suiko
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Price of Spanish wines.... out of Spain

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Hard to say... what’s an average wine?!

Red - For a midweek bottle that I’ll drink myself over 2 or 3 days, between €5 and €8, probably on offer from a supermarket and typically from Jumilla or possibly Montsant. For a weekend one, maybe between €10 and €15, could be a Rioja perhaps (the choice isn’t great here)?

White - I probably wouldn’t drink Spanish wine, tho Viña Sol is my very favourite wine for a hot summer’s day (costs about €6). I might also buy a Rueda at slightly more.

Manzanilla La Gitana or Solear at €8 or €9, Lustau half bottles at about €10, Matusalém at €15...

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Why you wouldn’t drink Spanish white wine?

Ver mensaje de jose

Well, because there aren’t that many that are that good, no? Especially the ones that are available here.

I like Viña Sol a lot (like everyone else!) and Viña Esmeralda too. Some Ruedas are nice too. I like Albariño, but I can find better wines from France, Germany or Italy at that price. There isn’t really anything else in the shops.

Fernando_Losada
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Price of Spanish wines.... out of Spain

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

Prices in NYC:
    Reds for everyday consumption, typically for a weeknight dinner at home, anywhere from around US$10 to US$20.
    Reds for weekend consumption, typically with friends and family, anywhere from US$15 to US$50.

I rarely drink roses, although you can find some good summer values for around US$10.

Whites: I drink a lot of albariños. I used to pay around US$10 for the most popular ones until a couple of years ago. Now it is rare to find any for less than US$15. Sometimes, not very often, I drink some Rueda, which typically sell for less than US$10.

Finos and manzanillas, less than US$20. PX, around $20 for a 375cl bottle of something like the Noe or the Matusalem.

Fernando_Losada
    en respuesta a jose

Re: And again a question ;)

Ver mensaje de jose

I drink roses mainly (only?) during the summer, to accompany light fare. And not that much. When given a choice, I prefer to drink a good white when the weather is too warm, such as a crisp albarino or a sauvignon blanc. So yes, you can say that it is because of personal preference. I know little about roses, but I suspect the menu of options is rather limited here.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar