Terra Alta White Grenaches

9 respuestas
    Paco Higón

Terra Alta White Grenaches

Ver mensaje de Paco Higón

The amazing potential of Terra Alta whites is still to be discovered. A few weeks ago I went to Batea’s Terra Alta Wines Fair and I felt in love with these excellent wines. Their producers must take care with low acidities that white grenache gives maybe using macabeo and I’m sure they’ll produce magnificent wines.

To try: Bàrbara Forés El Quintà; L’Avi Arrufí blanc or Dardell…..

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Re: Terra Alta White Grenaches

I’ve long loved El Quintá but never seen a bottle of L’aví Arrufí white. A shame that this stuff doesn’t get a wider distribution. B. Forés has already reached the Canaries and all the way to America. What are the others waiting for?

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a Gastronauta

Ver mensaje de Gastronauta

It’s true, in the US we have been enjoying Bàrbara Forés’s El Quintà and ";Blanc"; (85% Garnacha Blanca and 15% Viognier) for a couple of years now, courtesy of importer Aurelio Cabestrero. And this bodega’s top red - Coma D’en Den Pou - just received some very good press from R. Parker.

Letroncio
    en respuesta a Paco Higón

Hello

Yesterday, I was triying (with my mates of El Sarmiento tasting group)L’Avi Arrufi 2001 and i couldn’t understand this wine. Smells like a Brandy or a Liquor, also like a sweet wine. A lot of wood in my opinion and so alcoholic and acidless. Maybe drinked with tapas, foie or some chesees the impression may be so different.

I must to recognize was a original and different white wine, but that kind of wine I don’t like so much.

Bye

Aitor Alegría Alonso (@siempre_a_plato)

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar