Recent stuff

9 respuestas
    Gastronauta

Recent stuff

Ver mensaje de Gastronauta

Apart from the Salón Peñín (40 wines tried in five hours, what immense pleasure + guilt!) where some of the wines were obviously corked, I’ve had another bad streak these past weeks, with several bottles going down the drain:

Chateau Carbonnieux Blanc 2001
    Finca Villacreces EE 1998
    Finca Minateda Sel. Pedro Sarrión 2000

However those that were sound were great:
    Selbach-Oster W-S Kabinett 2002 (who says the 2002 are not keepers? For 5 years, I mean).
    Tempo 1999 (candidate for nicest aged-release albariño available in the market today).

My impressions of the Salón 2004 are truly one-liners. Will post them soon. Overall mighty good stuff, and plenty of elegance, for a change!

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a Gastronauta

Re: Recent stuff

Ver mensaje de Gastronauta

Uh, and Casa de la Ermita Dulce 2001. Unworthy of the house, I’d say, and far too simple for what we’ve seen Monastrell is capable of. Nicely balanced (refreshing acidity, nowhere near cloying) and not a bad quaffer, chilled, with chocolate, but I had Valrhona’s Gran Couva 2003 and this wine was decidedly subpar vis a vis the chocolate (which incidentally is SUPERB), more like the stuff you pour as dessert in an open-air scenario (Sunday bbq).

Gastronauta
    en respuesta a Juan Such

Re: Elegance in the Salón Peñín? And I don’t mean curtains..

Ver mensaje de Juan Such

...Or any other Hotel Palace niceties!
    Yep, some mighty good stuff not playing (necessarily) the blockbuster game:

Allende 2000 (and to a slightly lesser degree Calvario 2001)
    Artadi El Pisón 2001
    Valderramiro 2002
    Mauro V.S. 2000
    El Picón 1999 (give it a couple of years, though)
    and of course Pazo de Señorans Selección de Añada 2000.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar