Jacob’s Creek screwcap

28 respuestas
    Paco Higón
    en respuesta a Guiri

Mmmm, quite interesting... especially the comments about ...

Ver mensaje de Guiri

The post...

Anyway I do not think that is a good idea to change from corks to screw caps... instead I have just decided not to buy any premium wine from Jacob’s Creek, for social, ecological and health reasons, cork is a far better option... at least till they do not probe the contrary ;-)

suiko
    en respuesta a jose

Re: If USA or Australia...

Ver mensaje de jose

Not really any news, is it? Jacobs Creek don’t make good wine, and many far better Oz and NZ producers have been screwcapping pretty much everything for a few years now.

Btw, all Viña Sol and Viña Esmeralda sold in the UK is now under screwcap. I think soon we will start to see Ruedas etc in screwcap too.

Guiri
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: If USA or Australia...

Ver mensaje de suiko

Hi suiko, that’s exactly my point. I’m not discussing the quality of the wines of Jacobs Creek. My question is: When will spanish producers start with the screw cap? The market is asking for it, especially for young wines. And Spain has a lot of good young wines to sell! I’m not in favour of only the screw cap or only cork, but I do like to see Spanish wines having a lot of succes world wide.

jose
    en respuesta a Guiri

But does the consumers really look for this?

Ver mensaje de Guiri

I mean, the consumers goes to the shop and think: I’m going to look for any nice wine with screwcap.
    Well, it’s ok to avoid TCA problems, mostly in cheap and little-window-consumption wines, but look for wines with screw cap just because it’s, at least, astonishing, isn’t it?

Regards,

Jose

Guiri
    en respuesta a jose

Re: But does the consumers really look for this?

Ver mensaje de jose

Hi Jose, I´m a regular wine drinker and I should like the cork more than the screw cap. Of course I do not mind to get the cork screw and the pull the cork out. It is part of a ritual I like. Now, imagine someone who is not a regular wine drinker, why should he care about a cork or a screw cap. The only thing he wants is to open the bottle as easy as possible. That’s how 80% of the consumers drink 80% of the wine. No complications, wine is just a drink. I never thought of La Ina or Fino Quinta as an inferior sherry when they introduced the screw cap.

suiko
    en respuesta a Guiri

Re: But does the consumers really look for this?

Ver mensaje de Guiri

Guiri is right. And we need to remember that a number of prominent wine writers here in UK at least) are always going on about how wonderful the screwcap is. Wine here is prime tiem TV nowadays, remember!

Personally I prefer the cork aesthetically speaking, of course. But I must admit there are times when I’d rather have a screwcap, like for picnics. This is a big issue now too with restrictions on carrying a corkscrew in hand luggage on planes - I would never consider travelling with anything but hand luggage.

And after all, the screwcap doesn’t really have any disadvantages for young wines at the cheaper end of the market (i.e well over 90% of all wine consumed). It’s very clear that the cork is finished for these wines. In ten years it will a mere curiosity in these wines.

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar