Jacob’s Creek screwcap

28 respuestas
    Paco Higón
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: So that’s perfect...

Ver mensaje de suiko

Ermm, I do not think so... after more than two hundred years of using corks is not completely clear how they “interact” with the wine... so with no more than 20 years of using screw-caps in just a few quality wines.... I will not dare to say that there is evidence of the aging with them...

However, I must insist... I am not neutral, because I am also worried with the environmental and social consequences of not to use corks....

Cheers

suiko
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: So that’s perfect...

Ver mensaje de suiko

There are lots of uses for cork. The problem is that the industry has been sitting on its laurels and denying there is a problem for too long, instead of using a bit of imagination and looking for alternatives. There’s no question that corks will disappear in cheaper wines (ie most) - the only question is when! I agree that evidence is inconclusive, so I too will stick with cork for ageable wines for now. But I do wonder... Loosen is no fool!

MaJesus
    en respuesta a suiko

Re: But does the consumers really look for this?

Ver mensaje de suiko

I did: in my little vacations in Kauai, I wanted some wine to sip in my wonderful balcony in the evenings, and I did not have a corkscrew (and did not want to buy still another), so I purposely looked for screwcaps: I ended up with a very very nice selection of NZ sauvignon blancs ;))

Suiko is right: cork will dissapear on the cheap wines. I’m a believer in the use of corks for high-end wines and also defend cork for ecological reasons, but I beleive that the amount of ";quality wines"; nowadays (those requiring a true cork) probably is the same as the amoung of bottled wine 50 years ago; probably the amount of ";cork-trees"; (sorry, do not know their name in English) is about the same as it was, so I do not see any ecological harm in having the lower level wines been screwcapped. Of course, I do not see any advantages whatsoever on the use of artificial corks (except that it might be cheaper for producers than screwcaps since they can use the same type of bottles, corking machines ... etc.)

MaJesus

jose
    en respuesta a suiko

Last weekend I felt silly...

Ver mensaje de suiko

No news at all ;) I opened a Verdejo bottle... but when I uncorked it... gasp... it wasn’t cork! Something like a cork with a printing saying ’Nomacork’ =8-o

Regards,

Jose

P.S. Very boring Verdejo indeed. If it’d be a blind tasting I would have bet it’s SB! No trace of Verdejo in it #-/

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar