Wine Forum > Jacob’s Creek screwcap

I did: in my little vacations in Kauai, I wanted some wine to sip in my

<< Volver al mensaje 'I did: in my little vacations in Kauai, I wanted some wine to sip in my'

MaJesus
en respuesta a suiko

Re: But does the consumers really look for this?

Ver mensaje de suiko

I did: in my little vacations in Kauai, I wanted some wine to sip in my wonderful balcony in the evenings, and I did not have a corkscrew (and did not want to buy still another), so I purposely looked for screwcaps: I ended up with a very very nice selection of NZ sauvignon blancs ;))

Suiko is right: cork will dissapear on the cheap wines. I’m a believer in the use of corks for high-end wines and also defend cork for ecological reasons, but I beleive that the amount of ";quality wines"; nowadays (those requiring a true cork) probably is the same as the amoung of bottled wine 50 years ago; probably the amount of ";cork-trees"; (sorry, do not know their name in English) is about the same as it was, so I do not see any ecological harm in having the lower level wines been screwcapped. Of course, I do not see any advantages whatsoever on the use of artificial corks (except that it might be cheaper for producers than screwcaps since they can use the same type of bottles, corking machines ... etc.)

MaJesus

<< Volver al mensaje 'I did: in my little vacations in Kauai, I wanted some wine to sip in my'

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar