Wine Forum > Jacob’s Creek screwcap

Guiri is right. And we need to remember that a number of prominent wine writers

<< Volver al mensaje 'Guiri is right. And we need to remember that a number of prominent wine writers'

suiko
en respuesta a Guiri

Re: But does the consumers really look for this?

Ver mensaje de Guiri

Guiri is right. And we need to remember that a number of prominent wine writers here in UK at least) are always going on about how wonderful the screwcap is. Wine here is prime tiem TV nowadays, remember!

Personally I prefer the cork aesthetically speaking, of course. But I must admit there are times when I’d rather have a screwcap, like for picnics. This is a big issue now too with restrictions on carrying a corkscrew in hand luggage on planes - I would never consider travelling with anything but hand luggage.

And after all, the screwcap doesn’t really have any disadvantages for young wines at the cheaper end of the market (i.e well over 90% of all wine consumed). It’s very clear that the cork is finished for these wines. In ten years it will a mere curiosity in these wines.

<< Volver al mensaje 'Guiri is right. And we need to remember that a number of prominent wine writers'

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar