Jan/10 (or so...) wines...

8 respuestas
    jose

Jan/10 (or so...) wines...

Facing (ehem... or so...) the new year...

- Rosell & Formosa Semi-sec. Rosell i Formosa. DO Cava.
    Rough bubbles and I miss a touch of acidity, nonetheless it's like drinking grapes; dense and creamy. Something like a hint of sweetness when sipped. Nice.

- Enate Cabernet Sauvignon - Merlot 2007. Viñedos y Crianzas del Alto Aragón. DO Somontano (3-4 EUR)
    Quite easy and light quaff. Red fruit and a spicy touch. Thin and simple.

- Aldonia 2005. Bodegas Aldonia. DOC Rioja. (10-11 EUR)
    I need something cozy for drinking as the year begins.
    Red fruit and wood, water-like when sipped (as a positive adjective). It really improves when the wine breaths. It gets rounded and castled to show how it's a moment after. It's a nice and cozy wine that looks improved time after it's uncorked and with food. More.

- Abadal Picapoll. Bodega Abadal. DO Pla de Bages (7.4 EUR)
    Fruit store. Fruit of passion, sweat, sauvignon blanc, moscatel, spanish gewürztraminer, that odd smell of my first (and only) torrontés, something like air freshener, jasmine, meadow, acidity and a touch of bitterness, verdejo?... buff... what amount of smells!! I'm not talking about complexity, but it's like walking by the fruit store... or maybe the parfums store, I'm not sure yet. Anyway it's not so bad, maybe I'd drink it again despite it's quite near of my limit when aromatic wines is the name of the game.

- La Bota de Palo Cortado 17 "Bota Punta" (60-70 EUR aprox)
    Tsunami. Absolutely overwhelming. No words to describe and not able to compare. It grabs you, release you. It do and undo on its own. The wine drinks you. Enormous. Brutal.

- Schoffit Riesling Lieu-Dit Harth. Cuvée Caroline 2000. Bodega Domaine Schoffit – Bernard et Robert Schoffit. AOC Alsacia. (15.81 EUR)
    Uncorking bottles, closing circles.
    Well-balanced and rhythmical. High volume with the fuel smell when uncorked but it's nicely integrated with the fruit hints
    during its evolution; fruits like apricot or mango. Soft and caressing.

- Matsu "El Pícaro" 2008. Matsu Winery Arts - Vintae. DO Toro
    Thick as a brick. Dense, dark and absolutely chewing tannins. It's like drinking the blackberries jam I've in the fridge. You can find a moment to drink this wine if the price is the here and there mentioned of about 5 EUR.

Disclaimer:
    The winery contacted to Olaf and me, by our blog, to send us this bottle with no cost.

- La bota de manzanilla "Navazos" Nº 16 (15-17 EUR aprox)
    ... and the sea. Deep, intense, long, long, long. Empty glass, a day after, you can still smell the biterness of the almonds, olives, thym and the sea, the sea, the sea.

- Vin de Pays des Gaules 2008. Marcel Lapierre. Villié-Morgon (8 EUR)
    Charming innocence. Acid strawberry candies. All-the-colours-liquorice. Iced strawberries pie of that little shop in your neighbourhood. Green hints that not many people would appreciate. Something that moves between grapes stalk and geranium.

- El Níspero. Bodega Eufrosina Pérez Rodríguez. DO La Palma (14.95 EUR)
    I would bet for verdejo, but it's Albillo Criollo. Grass and the usual hints of anis-seed or fennel bulb. Touch of peach or apricto. Fresh and nice sip, despite the price makes you say mmmm....

- Jiménez Landi Sotorrondero 2007. DO Méntrida. (10.7 EUR)
    I don't know. I enjoy or don't every other minute. I don't know if I'm in the mood for a second bottle. More ripeness that the one I use to enjoy. Prunes, black and mulberries. A balsamic hint. More freshness when sipped than expected, bearing in mind its hue and smell.
    A touch of smoke and astringency that disappear during the next days.

Regards,

Jose

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a jose

Re: Jan/10 (or so...) wines...

Ver mensaje de jose

I agree that La Bota de Palo Cortado 17 is tremendous, and the "La Bota" project continues to be a wonderful thing - a real gift to those who are aware of it.

I tried the Abadal Picapoll at the bodega some years ago and liked it quite a bit for what it was. I was tasting with an importer friend and, unfortunatately, I think he concluded that a Picapoll from Spain was a bit too wierd for the US market. I imagined that it could be a useful choice in the Summer.

Olaf

I though pipapoll was supposed to be a more or less plain grape, with not so intense notes on the nose. I think I've tried Abadal's... but long time ago, and I can't remember.

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

In this case, José, I have paid for the wine in advance years ago.

I think that in Spain the latest release is only the 2002. Is that correct? Does the economy explain this delay? I would think that Torres would at least try to sell the more recent vintages even if the market is bad. Few sales are better than none.

jose
    en respuesta a WaltZalenski

Ver mensaje de WaltZalenski

Ooops, I think your post is for the Grans Muralles thread ;)
    As far as I've read googling for a while the vintage 2002 is the current one for about (ouch!!!!) 90 EUR.

What I don't understand is why you've to wait the wine to be released for any kind of winery concerns bearing in mind you paid it in advance #-///// Quite annoying from my point of view.

Regards,

Jose

WaltZalenski
    en respuesta a jose

Ver mensaje de jose

Yes, this should be moved. Sorry.

I paid in advance because I received a discount for doing so - a typical 'futures' order, but no so typical for Spain.

• Más leído
  • Más recomendado

- No hay entradas a destacar -

- No hay entradas a destacar -

Cookies en verema.com

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros con finalidades analíticas y para mostrarte publicidad relacionada con tus preferencias a partir de tus hábitos de navegación y tu perfil. Puedes configurar o rechazar las cookies haciendo click en “Configuración de cookies”. También puedes aceptar todas las cookies pulsando el botón “Aceptar”. Para más información puedes visitar nuestra Ver política de cookies.

Aceptar